Well girls weekend is officially canceled

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We were to have our annual girls weekend up at my friends cottage. Well it has officially cancelled and she is stranded up there. She woke up today to 50 cm of snow falling overnight. The plow company will not get to her till Saturday at the earliest. She is by herself up there but is not worried as she has food, a full propane tank and her generator is also good to go. She also says she had plenty of wine to pass the time. At least she is laughing about it.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She doesn't check weather reports beforehand?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:58 pm She doesn't check weather reports beforehand?
Lake effect snow squalls, you have no idea how much you will get. On Tuesday when she went I they were calling for 5 cm of snow. I remembered because she texted out that we will have a nice dusting of snow for the weekend. Wednesday when she was already up they issued all the warnings. Heck I have gone up and the morning they say light snow and by afternoon you are preparing for a storm. The storms come fast.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 pm We were to have our annual girls weekend up at my friends cottage. Well it has officially cancelled and she is stranded up there. She woke up today to 50 cm of snow falling overnight. The plow company will not get to her till Saturday at the earliest. She is by herself up there but is not worried as she has food, a full propane tank and her generator is also good to go. She also says she had plenty of wine to pass the time. At least she is laughing about it.
That wouldnt stop me. Just rent a snowmobile and go there
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 pm
KendallsMom wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:58 pm She doesn't check weather reports beforehand?
Lake effect snow squalls, you have no idea how much you will get. On Tuesday when she went I they were calling for 5 cm of snow. I remembered because she texted out that we will have a nice dusting of snow for the weekend. Wednesday when she was already up they issued all the warnings. Heck I have gone up and the morning they say light snow and by afternoon you are preparing for a storm. The storms come fast.
Oh wow. Ok..

Glad she has a positive attitude!
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 pm We were to have our annual girls weekend up at my friends cottage. Well it has officially cancelled and she is stranded up there. She woke up today to 50 cm of snow falling overnight. The plow company will not get to her till Saturday at the earliest. She is by herself up there but is not worried as she has food, a full propane tank and her generator is also good to go. She also says she had plenty of wine to pass the time. At least she is laughing about it.
If I'm honest, I'm a little bit jealous of her. A whole weekend on her own?! I get that once a year and totally treasure it. I would miss my girls' weekend, though. Those are rare and special in their own way.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:46 pm
Not quite that easy. No trails will be ready and we live just over three hours a way. If we go up there where would we leave our car?
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How much is that in inches?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:13 am How much is that in inches?
Just shy of 20 inches. Some areas by her saw 70 cm or about 28 inches. I looked on line and where she is they are getting another 5 cm on Saturday but that is nothing. She is trying to get the company out today to blow the road and lane out. If she does we will probably head up later. But right now they are saying Saturday night.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:46 pm
Now that would be fun!
Locked Previous topicNext topic