Kids & their first "crush"

Chilebean
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

My son is close to being 9y/o.
He met Mia when they were 5, turning 6.

It was obvious to us parents that Mia & my son had crushes on each other.

Cute innocent things.

My son told me next time he sees Mia hes going to tell her that he has had this crush on her.

Just wondering - too soon?
I remember having my first "boyfriend" in first grade. Just passing silly "mark yes or no " notes and chasing each other during lunch.
and later monkeys will fly out of my butt
RedBottoms

Unread post

I started young. I had my first "Boyfriend" in kindergarten.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Don't even get me started. My DSs are oblivious to girls.

My 4 yo DD get up everyday and picks out an outfit and does her hair in a way, that she hopes her boyfriend, "Joe" will like. WTH?? They say it is normal, I'm scared to death.
LuluJa
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My son is a bit shy when it comes to girls. He is 9. I can tell he gets very uncomfortable and shy when I talk to him about girls.
RedBottoms

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:32 am Don't even get me started. My DSs are oblivious to girls.

My 4 yo DD get up everyday and picks out an outfit and does her hair in a way, that she hopes her boyfriend, "Joe" will like. WTH?? They say it is normal, I'm scared to death.
lol its fine. Kids model what they see at home and on tv and in movies etc.

But is fairly harmless. I was always boy crazy but I was not one of the girls sleeping around a ton in high school either.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:08 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:32 am Don't even get me started. My DSs are oblivious to girls.

lol its fine. Kids model what they see at home and on tv and in movies etc.

But is fairly harmless. I was always boy crazy but I was not one of the girls sleeping around a ton in high school either.
At first we stopped watching all Disney princess movies, but then she said, "I want to grow up and marry Joe like you married Daddy." *smirks* I debated divorce to role model a single strong female...but that seemed extreme, HAHAHA, so I decided I better just ride this out and continue to demonstrate healthy relationships.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There is a little girl at church that I know has a crush on my son. She told her mom she did. She is fascinated by him, and is always coming to talk to him, or play with him. She always wants to kiss on him. He's only 8 months old lol. I'm scared for the future.

caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My DS has a crush on a little neighbor girl. He runs and hides if possible, otherwise he gets tomato red and can barely speak to her.

I think she's figured it out on her own, so he hasn't told her.
RedBottoms

Unread post

One DS has never liked a girl he said. He claims that is "For teenagers".

My other DS had his first girlfriend in like 2nd grade. We would buy her nice gifts for christmas and valentines every year. She wrote "I love DS" on the girls bathroom wall. She also used to write him little love notes all the time. I don't think they ever kissed or anything though. He changed schools in 4th grade and they don't see each other anymore. He never got another girlfriend at his new school.

He has a crush now on one of the girls he dances with but he says its like 70% friendship and 30% crush. They are both going to the arts magnet school together for middle and high school. She is a grade ahead of him. He says he might ask her to a school dance if they have one. She is a super sweet little girl with a nice family and she is a good dancer. I told him I approve lol
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I remember being a little girl in first grade while we still lived in California and having a mammoth crush on a 6th grader who reminded me of Bobby Sherman (you have to be of the age group to understand what a cutie patootie Bobby Sherman was at the time).

Word got out and because when you're in first grade, you have the gift to gab and blab EVERYTHING you see, hear, and know. lol And I remember the object of my affection smiling at me as if I was the dumbest little fool around once word got to him. lol

Our oldest Dd's first crush was Bill Murray and after seeing "Ghostbusters" for the first time.

Our son's crush was LeAnn Rimes and our youngest Dd's crush was the dude that was on "Blues Clues."
Locked Previous topicNext topic