Just a minor vent..

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

She gets a scuba diving subscription that came with her certification and that is the only magazine she will read. I'm not a magazine reader either though. I've contemplated a charitable donation, but I don't think Dh would go for it. I'll have to talk to him about it.

Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:34 am A magazine subscription (like national Geographic or something) or a donation to a favorite charity?

I don’t know, 14 is a hard age.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

It is supposed to be.. I resisted this when Dh wanted to implement it so my way of getting around it a little bit is to do an outfit(s)...Normally, they get 2 shirts, jeans and boots..I didn't realize how much I bought for wear until after the fact. LOL Read is always 2 books.. one I pick out and one Dh picks out.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am I always thought want, need, wear, read, was one of each item?

Anyway I'm sorry.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

She has a ton of HP, Stranger Things and Hamilton stuff already. The picture is a cool idea!

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:56 am Is she into anything Pop-culturey? A fan tshirt, maybe? A nice big heavy ceramic coffee mug that will keep her tea nice and hot for a while with a picture of some fav ocean creature, maybe? You can custom make one on Zazzle too.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Clothes and books are covered with wear and read. I may resort to a gift card that she can use towards a dive computer as those are around $1000 and she is saving for one.

Conweis wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:03 am
Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:34 am A magazine subscription (like national Geographic or something) or a donation to a favorite charity?

This.
My three oldest are getting GCs. Clothes, books, family board games and GCs.
Claire
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

To be honest, it sounds like you already got her a heck of a lot, so I'd just make the boots her want. If you really want to get her something else, I'd do something she could use that donates to a cause that is important to her, like a swell water bottle or 4oceans bracelet.
Deleted User 670

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:27 am She has a ton of HP, Stranger Things and Hamilton stuff already. The picture is a cool idea!

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:56 am Is she into anything Pop-culturey? A fan tshirt, maybe? A nice big heavy ceramic coffee mug that will keep her tea nice and hot for a while with a picture of some fav ocean creature, maybe? You can custom make one on Zazzle too.
Oh oh! Another idea. Easy Canvas Prints will turn a photo into a canvas print that you can frame. I found a great picture of Bounder on the kid's phone that I turned into a framed 8x8 print for her to take back to school. They're running a special; 8x8 is only $8.39. Shipping is about $11 so if you don't have them frame it you'll save some money. I got hers framed so I wouldn't have to, it was worth it to me. So there's another idea if she has a favorite photo.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am She gets a scuba diving subscription that came with her certification and that is the only magazine she will read. I'm not a magazine reader either though. I've contemplated a charitable donation, but I don't think Dh would go for it. I'll have to talk to him about it.

Again 14 year olds are tough...🤔
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:18 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am Lilly, our 14 year old gave me a list for Christmas.. We do want, need, wear, read, PJs box on CE and a stocking. My kid is super into earth conservation these days and wants things along those lines.. cool. So, Dh ordered her need and it is scuba diving related. My mom ordered her the lunchbox and utensils she put on the list, her sister got her the pencil highlighters. I ordered the toothbrush holder, shampoo bar, and shampoo bar sampler from her list for her stocking. Dh and I bought her read, I bought her wear- an ocean conservation sweatshirt, ocean conservation t-shirt, 2 long sleeve shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings and a pair of boots. I ordered her scuba diving pjs, a scuba diver tea infuser, and will get her some tea and a treat for her PJs box. All of the items on her list have been ordered. Every single one of them. I still have to get her "want". I just asked the little goober if there was anything she wanted that is not on her list. Her response: " No. I'm sorry that you don't want to use the list I gave you".. not said in a nasty manner though. It is super difficult to buy for her when everything on her list is already bought and I want to get her things that she will use.
She does not wear make up, use perfumes or bath items. I swear the older and more set in her ways she gets, the more difficult she is to buy for at birthdays/ Christmas.. sigh... ( Oh, and the Hamilton tickets are not a Christmas gift as this has been planned for a year now)
Wouldn't some of the stuff on that list also qualify as a want? If she's getting everything on her list she's getting everything she wants. One of the values that goes along with earth conservation is buying only what a person needs. If you really want to get her something that could be considered a want as opposed to a need maybe consider donating money in her name to a conservation organization or "adopt" a wild animal through world wildlife fund for her. I'm partial to the river otter but there are lots to choose from depending on where her interests in earth conservation are. https://shop.wwf.ca/products/river-otte ... ygQAvD_BwE
Oooh! That animal adoption is a fun idea!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

https://star-name-registry.org/?msclkid ... ne%2BEXACT

Since she’s really into earth conservation, what about something like this?
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am She gets a scuba diving subscription that came with her certification and that is the only magazine she will read. I'm not a magazine reader either though. I've contemplated a charitable donation, but I don't think Dh would go for it. I'll have to talk to him about it.

She was adopted,right?
Amazon has necklaces that have coordinates on them- maybe one with the coordinates you adopted her from?

You guys travel a bit, right? What about a custom map with places you have visited marked? Or reefs she has dived on?
Locked Previous topicNext topic