CLASSY: Impeachment witness jokes about Barron Trump’s name

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:43 pm
Francee89 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:05 am

What snide remarks were made “about” him? She didn’t insult him in any way, shape or form.

How did Melania and Kayleigh dismiss her husband/boss making snide remarks about a 16 year old?
She used an innocent child that has nothing to do with politics. She used him to insult his parents. It was a snide remark and it was crossing the line. If you don’t understand that then it says a lot about you.
So, you’re acknowledging there was no snide remark “about” him, which is what you originally claimed?

She stated a fact, within the context of a discussion on the limits of Presidential power - that he can be named Barron, but the President can’t make him a baron. She apologized for doing so, but in no way, shape or form did she insult him personally.

What did it say about Melania and Kayleigh that they ignored their boss/husband mocking a 16 year old? You seemed to have ignored that question.
If you are talking about Greta I have said many times that Greta has put herself out there. She is an activist. She can expect criticism just as any other activist or political figure. If you want to be a big girl and act like an adult you can be treated like one when it also comes to criticism.
Barron is out of the spotlight. He isn’t an activist and he is much younger. He isn’t out there yelling at adults and having melt downs and demanding attention. His parents have done a good job keeping him out of the spotlight. Leave the child alone.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

While I agree with you in the sense that those who put themselves (or their family) out there are asking for criticism, I’m sorry, but Trump put his whole family “out there”, so that by your own logic, it would make all of them “fair game” when it comes to criticism.
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:25 pm

She used an innocent child that has nothing to do with politics. She used him to insult his parents. It was a snide remark and it was crossing the line. If you don’t understand that then it says a lot about you.
So, you’re acknowledging there was no snide remark “about” him, which is what you originally claimed?

She stated a fact, within the context of a discussion on the limits of Presidential power - that he can be named Barron, but the President can’t make him a baron. She apologized for doing so, but in no way, shape or form did she insult him personally.

What did it say about Melania and Kayleigh that they ignored their boss/husband mocking a 16 year old? You seemed to have ignored that question.
If you are talking about Greta I have said many times that Greta has put herself out there. She is an activist. She can expect criticism just as any other activist or political figure. If you want to be a big girl and act like an adult you can be treated like one when it also comes to criticism.
Barron is out of the spotlight. He isn’t an activist and he is much younger. He isn’t out there yelling at adults and having melt downs and demanding attention. His parents have done a good job keeping him out of the spotlight. Leave the child alone.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why would mocking a child be acceptable simply because they’re engaging in activism? No one is arguing that the substance of the arguments Greta or any other teen activist is making is immune to criticism, but how is an adult mocking them personally okay? Did Melania’s anti-bullying slogan change to #BeBest (Unless They’re Saying Something You Don’t Like, Then Get Them!)?

No one attacked or insulted Barron personally in any manner. Which begs the question of why Melania and Kayleigh were radio silent when their husband/boss actually made fun of a child, while having a pearl clutching meltdown about the mere mention of Barron’s name. What does that say about them?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm While I agree with you in the sense that those who put themselves (or their family) out there are asking for criticism, I’m sorry, but Trump put his whole family “out there”, so that by your own logic, it would make all of them “fair game” when it comes to criticism.

I think it’s odd when adults attack the personal characteristics of teen activists rather than the substance of their arguments. Besides the obvious issues, it’s pretty telling of their limited ability to have a substantive dialogue if their instinct is to mock or belittle the kid rather than rationally explain why they’re wrong.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That makes adults seem more immature than the kids they’re criticizing.
I admit that I’m not a fan of Greta, but I wouldn’t put her down. Especially because she could be caring about nothing more than clothes and boys and instead is focusing her interest on something better. Actually my criticism is directed more at those who have hailed her as a hero rather than at her because while her message is important, I think her delivery is lacking. She’s out there demanding action, but she’s not contributing anything substantial in terms of a solution. She’s demanding others fix the problem. So she does seem like she’s only complaining and not contributing to a solution.
But that certainly isn’t mocking or attacking her, it’s just a criticism of the situation as a whole.
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:47 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm While I agree with you in the sense that those who put themselves (or their family) out there are asking for criticism, I’m sorry, but Trump put his whole family “out there”, so that by your own logic, it would make all of them “fair game” when it comes to criticism.

I think it’s odd when adults attack the personal characteristics of teen activists rather than the substance of their arguments. Besides being gross, it’s pretty telling of their limited ability to have a substantive dialogue if their instinct is to mock or belittle the kid rather than rationally explain why they’re wrong.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Karlan shouldn't have mentioned Barron. She should have known that Republicans would jump on this rather than discussing her testimony. I don't think it was an attack at all - other than an attack on Trump's delusions of power and a monarchy, but she still should have known better. The Republicans keeping this in the news cycle for days with their hand wringing and faux outrage, IMO, is much more damaging to Barron than what was said by Karlan. But it was never about protecting Barron.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How did Trump put Barron out there? Is Barron an activist? Is he in politics at age 13? What am I missing?

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Why would mocking a child be acceptable simply because they’re engaging in activism? No one is arguing that the substance of the arguments Greta or any other teen activist is making is immune to criticism, but how is an adult mocking them personally okay? Did Melania’s anti-bullying slogan change to #BeBest (Unless They’re Saying Something You Don’t Like, Then Get Them!)?

No one attacked or insulted Barron personally in any manner. Which begs the question of why Melania and Kayleigh were radio silent when their husband/boss actually made fun of a child, while having a pearl clutching meltdown about the mere mention of Barron’s name. What does that say about them?
Are you talking about Trumps sarcasm when he said she sounded like a happy young woman? It was sarcasm. It wasn’t off the rails. It wasn’t worse than the professor using Barron to take a jab at Trump.
Comments like that are made about adults. I guess some people just don’t get sarcasm. Would you have felt the same way and be bringing Greta up if she was 20 instead of 16? If there was a 20 year old who started yelling at adults and had a melt down and started crying and yelling, would it bother you if someone was sarcastic. Even better, what if it was Melania or Trumps daughter and someone said she sounds like a happy young woman. Would it upset you?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:15 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Are you talking about Trumps sarcasm when he said she sounded like a happy young woman? It was sarcasm. It wasn’t off the rails. It wasn’t worse than the professor using Barron to take a jab at Trump.
Comments like that are made about adults. I guess some people just don’t get sarcasm. Would you have felt the same way and be bringing Greta up if she was 20 instead of 16? If there was a 20 year old who started yelling at adults and had a melt down and started crying and yelling, would it bother you if someone was sarcastic. Even better, what if it was Melania or Trumps daughter and someone said she sounds like a happy young woman. Would it upset you?
Yes. He was absolutely mocking her. If it was “no worse” than this professor, where were Melania and Kayleigh’s horrified statements then?

She’s a child, just like Barron, making the imaginary scenario of her as a 20 year old irrelevant. Sarcastic mocking of her is absolutely worse than a professor not insulting or attacking Barron whatsoever but using his name to discuss the limits of Presidential authority with a Barron/baron pun, for which she apologized. It’s simply rich to see people like Melania and Kayleigh have a meltdown about what was literally just the mention of Barron’s name stay dead silent when their husband and boss mock another teenager, which serves to highlight how entirely full of shit they are when they try to lecture others on civility and good behavior.

And yes, I’d think it was wrong if someone mocked Trump’s imaginary minor daughter because she was passionate in a speech. Her arguments would certainly be fair game, but there’d be no need to make fun of her. His politically active adult children are fair game.

One of Trump’s golf buddies, someone whose pro-Trump commentary he cites on Twitter, is Rush Limbaugh. Rush once called then-12 year old Chelsea Clinton the “White House dog”, something that would constitute an actual insult. I somehow don’t think mocking children is something he finds to be a personal dealbreaker.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It doesn’t matter how old he is. And Trump put him “out there” simply by making him a First Son. It sucks, but that’s the price you pay. There are many kids out there thrown in the spotlight simply because of who their parents are. Whether that’s fair or not, that’s another discussion. Fact is, by being the son of the President, he’s thrown in the spotlight. There’s no way around it.

So we really shouldn’t use this pathetic excuse to justify bashing children simply because they’re in the spotlight. Many don’t choose it, and even those who do, they may not have a full understanding of the implications. They’re innocent and should be treated as innocent, even if what they’re saying touches a nerve. The girl isn’t a Machiavellian genius, she’s just a kid trying to get a message out. And maybe too naive and innocent to understand the shark tank she’s getting herself into. We are the adults that should know better than to vilify and attack a girl simply because she “put herself on the spotlight”. It’s a lame excuse.
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:05 pm How did Trump out Barron out there? Is Barron an activist? Is he in politics at age 13? What am I missing?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic