Mike Bloomberg doubles down on censoring his journalists from investigating non-Trump candidates including himself.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

-Presidential candidate is founding boss of Bloomberg News
-Reporters have been told to continue tradition of not investigating their boss, and to
expand that policy to all 2020 Democratic White House hopefuls
-Bloomberg News has no prohibition on investigating Donald Trump
-Mr. Bloomberg said his employees have to put up with 'some restrictions' if they want to be paid as journalists
-Asked to react, one Bloomberg reporter responded with a poop emoji and a text message reading 'Um...No.' :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eBaaPwKE4k
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This doesn't make him look good at all. What is he afraid that his employees might find out about him? I think that if I were a journalist for another publication, I would be digging deep for dirt on him.... real deep. I kind of hope that the journo's at Bloomberg ignore his mandate, but then they would be out of a job, but they would still have some integrity left. Tough situation to be in, for sure!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I only have marginally more faith in Bloomberg than Trump. And by this I mean, if it came down to Trump or Bloomberg, I’ll write in my vote because that margin is small.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This is not unlike Fox and Enquirer burying negative stories about trump during the 2016 election season - weird how the trump campaign didn’t mind then 🙃

Bloomberg isn’t really running for president - he knows all he’s doing is spoiling. If he wanted to get trump out of office he would start pouring money into candidates who actually might get somewhere instead of this ridiculous sideshow. I wish he’d just go away already.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 am This is not unlike Fox and Enquirer burying negative stories about trump during the 2016 election season - weird how the trump campaign didn’t mind then 🙃

Bloomberg isn’t really running for president - he knows all he’s doing is spoiling. If he wanted to get trump out of office he would start pouring money into candidates who actually might get somewhere instead of this ridiculous sideshow. I wish he’d just go away already.
I don’t think it’s ethical journalism to bury any stories, the increase of biases in journalism is already bad enough. Let people form their own opinions. You, general you, can’t expect people to make informed, intelligent decisions when you bombarded them with biases. In 7th grade, I had a teacher, couldn’t tell you her name, lol, but I remember her emphasizing how important reading is, not just for entertainment but for developing critical thinking. So it seems to me, this control and biases of information reported, is another means of damaging our critical thinking.

I agree that Bloomberg should throw his financial backing and support into a candidate that might get somewhere. He had said earlier this year he wasn’t going to run then few months later throws his hat into the ring. I don’t think he’s that serious of a candidate or at least that he’s taken as a serious candidate.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 am This is not unlike Fox and Enquirer burying negative stories about trump during the 2016 election season - weird how the trump campaign didn’t mind then 🙃

1st of all, proof?

AMI, denied Farrow’s reporting. “Mr. Farrow’s narrative is driven by unsubstantiated allegations from questionable sources and while these stories may be dramatic, they are completely untrue,” a spokesperson told Politico.

and even if true, it is unlike that because trump doesnt own those outlets 🤡 No conflict of interest there.

92% negative media coverage of trump and we are supposed to believe he has the media wrapped around his finger? LMAO.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't vote for him anyway.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic