If you host

Anonymous 1

Unread post

anything at your house and you are cooking the food, do you act stressed out? My MIL was so stressed cooking the Thanksgiving dinner. We offered to help and we brought side dishes as well. When we host things at our house, I just think it's food and we are making it and no big deal. Why do some people stress over it?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't know why
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I only host in the summer
But yes, getting everything ready Stresses me out
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I guess I get stressed some with the amount of work it takes with cleaning and prepping and cooking, etc, but when the guests arrive, I don't act all stressed out. It just makes it awkward when people do that...for me anyways.
Bubbs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:45 pm I only host in the summer
But yes, getting everything ready Stresses me out
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Cooking a big meal is a little stressful. Wine helps with that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I’m going to be stressed as hell on December 21st because I will have to feed a dozen people breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 6 of those people eat like horses. Seriously, I once made 5lbs of pulled pork, a tray of Mac and cheese, and a few lbs of coleslaw and just 2 of the 12 that I’m hosting ATE IT ALL. I have no idea how I’m going to make enough to feed them with only 2 ovens 😂
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just the type of personality they have.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:35 pm anything at your house and you are cooking the food, do you act stressed out? My MIL was so stressed cooking the Thanksgiving dinner. We offered to help and we brought side dishes as well. When we host things at our house, I just think it's food and we are making it and no big deal. Why do some people stress over it?
I host 95% of the time all year long and Im never stressed out but i also enjoying cooking and being a hostess. I think that because Im so organized and detail orientated, everything runs smoothly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Same here. I am a list person too so that keeps me very organized.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:55 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:35 pm anything at your house and you are cooking the food, do you act stressed out? My MIL was so stressed cooking the Thanksgiving dinner. We offered to help and we brought side dishes as well. When we host things at our house, I just think it's food and we are making it and no big deal. Why do some people stress over it?
I host 95% of the time all year long and Im never stressed out but i also enjoying cooking and being a hostess. I think that because Im so organized and detail orientated, everything runs smoothly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I would just be letting them have cereal for breakfast or pop in their own waffles in the toaster or something simple. For lunch I would order pizza and subs and things like that. For dinner, leftover pizza. LOL! I know I would not cook 3 meals for all of those people.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm I’m going to be stressed as hell on December 21st because I will have to feed a dozen people breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 6 of those people eat like horses. Seriously, I once made 5lbs of pulled pork, a tray of Mac and cheese, and a few lbs of coleslaw and just 2 of the 12 that I’m hosting ATE IT ALL. I have no idea how I’m going to make enough to feed them with only 2 ovens 😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic