He Stole All The Presents

Deleted User 670

Unread post

What would I do? Find a better F***ing hiding place! You want to take his presents away? Seriously, what in the f**k is wrong with you?

Make him re-wrap all the gifts, including his and lock them up in the closet or the trunk of your car. He's already dealing with issues. Punitive discipline is not the answer. You need to help him learn to control his impulses and understand that what he did was wrong. Have the psychiatrist bring it up in therapy to discuss. We get one chance as parents to raise kids to be productive, kind, thoughtful adults. Beating the kid (physically, emotionally or even metaphorically) is only going to result in a dysfunctional adult on society. We don't need any more of those.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

my niece did that and got her ass whooped....maybe you oughta try that

oh, and ALL presents for her went back to the store, and she got socks and underwear...

try having a spine

this is completely YOUR fault
Anonymous 2

Unread post

you should have locked all HIS up in the car, and told him it's going back to the store...and then warned him about an ass beating if he touched anyone else's again
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I wouldn't make him give his gifts away, but I'd make him earn them back. He'd earn them back with good behavior and extra chores. You could give him a few small, practical things to open on Christmas morning.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 am What would I do? Find a better F***ing hiding place! You want to take his presents away? Seriously, what in the f**k is wrong with you?

Make him re-wrap all the gifts, including his and lock them up in the closet or the trunk of your car. He's already dealing with issues. Punitive discipline is not the answer. You need to help him learn to control his impulses and understand that what he did was wrong. Have the psychiatrist bring it up in therapy to discuss. We get one chance as parents to raise kids to be productive, kind, thoughtful adults. Beating the kid (physically, emotionally or even metaphorically) is only going to result in a dysfunctional adult on society. We don't need any more of those.
He needs to learn that actions have consequences and if he wants to ruin everyone else’s Christmas presents by opening them and losing pieces and tearing up boxes then he doesn’t need to have presents. Gifts are a privilege and he lost that privilege. Making him feel less entitled will help him fit into society he can’t just do whatever he wants free of consequences.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 am I wouldn't make him give his gifts away, but I'd make him earn them back. He'd earn them back with good behavior and extra chores. You could give him a few small, practical things to open on Christmas morning.
I like the clothes and books idea that someone else mentioned.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:58 am
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 am I wouldn't make him give his gifts away, but I'd make him earn them back. He'd earn them back with good behavior and extra chores. You could give him a few small, practical things to open on Christmas morning.
I like the clothes and books idea that someone else mentioned.

Those would be good.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 am my niece did that and got her ass whooped....maybe you oughta try that

oh, and ALL presents for her went back to the store, and she got socks and underwear...

try having a spine

this is completely YOUR fault
Is it? I'd never imagine my boys would do such things. I literally have packages my oldest sent to my house from college. Yds could open them but do I expect him to? No. If he did I'd rain hell upon him. I'd also speak to the psychiatrist and the therapist since apparently the medication may not be helping. Idk much about Abilify. I do know if he's got discipline problems spanking may be the worse thing. It certainly made my son worse.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

And THIS is why kids turn out like they do

They do something TOTALLY WRONG, and STILL GET REWARDED!!!!

FFS
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:06 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 am What would I do? Find a better F***ing hiding place! You want to take his presents away? Seriously, what in the f**k is wrong with you?

He needs to learn that actions have consequences and if he wants to ruin everyone else’s Christmas presents by opening them and losing pieces and tearing up boxes then he doesn’t need to have presents. Gifts are a privilege and he lost that privilege. Making him feel less entitled will help him fit into society he can’t just do whatever he wants free of consequences.
Of course he needs to learn that what he did was wrong. Taking away his presents is not the way to go about it. Talk to any child psychiatrist. You really suck at this parenting, you know. That kid is already fucked up, and you're going to f**k him up so F***ing royally that by the time he's an adult, he's going to have not only a huge F***ing chip on his shoulder he's probably going to sabotage himself again and again and again due to his anger issues. Good F***ing job 'mom'.
Ummm... ok?

Thanks for your input I guess but I know his therapist would not tell me to give him everything he wanted after he what he did lol

She’s the one who has been trying to get him to understand that his actions have consequences and tells me to take away things when he acts up. But sure mom of the year 👌
Locked Previous topicNext topic