Winning: Homeland Security creates a fake University. Arrests and deports hundreds.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 pm
29again wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 pm Is this the same university that is said to have been created in 2015 when Obama was still POTUS?
Yep. And it outraged Alyssa, so I'm happy for that alone!
She and Deborah Messing both were apparently Tweeting, etc., about last week's arrests at this "university" and I'm struck by once again by how neither of them did any research on what they are pointing fingers at (and who).

They don't HAVE to research! They can say whatever they want, especially if it is negative about President Trump, and every one of their followers are 100% on board. Not one follower holds them accountable to being truthful. They simply run on emotion.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's all well and good to say that immigrants help the economy, until it is YOUR economy that is impacted, whether by an over-abundance of immigrants doing the work you (used to) do or you are training your own H-1B visa holding replacement. I do not believe that illegal immigrants are doing all the work that Americans refuse to do.

An educated immigrant is more productive long-term than an un-educated immigrant. Same with citizens. A school with a high percentage of immigrant children cannot teach children who don't know the language, as well as children who do know the language, especially in the same classroom! The immigrant children need a lot more attention, instruction, and MONEY. Basically, they should be in their own classrooms until they have the language skills to be with everyone else. I believe it makes a lot more sense to do things way, than to put 20 immigrant children who have very little English in a class with a dozen non-immigrant children...

I feel that whatever we can do to track down illegal immigrants and remove them should be done. EVERY immigrant in the country on a visa should be checking in with the authorities on a regular basis, just as I had to do when I was the one with a visa. I know this will get me called a few names, but I do not agree with bringing in all the foreign workers on the H-1B visa's. If we don't have the people skilled enough to do the work in our own country, then that tells me that we aren't doing a good job educating our children. We should be fixing that problem rather than importing our work force. We should be teaching our children what they need to learn, not just giving up and bringing in thousands of foreign workers. Otherwise, the message that I'm getting is that we aren't smart enough in this country to actually do the work we need done. I do believe that we have the people, but maybe they don't have the "certification" or X number of hours/months/years experience... but that certainly doesn't mean they can't learn to do the job!! But it seems easier, for some, to just import the work force than to train someone already here...
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm
29again wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Yep. And it outraged Alyssa, so I'm happy for that alone!
She and Deborah Messing both were apparently Tweeting, etc., about last week's arrests at this "university" and I'm struck by once again by how neither of them did any research on what they are pointing fingers at (and who).

They don't HAVE to research! They can say whatever they want, especially if it is negative about President Trump, and every one of their followers are 100% on board. Not one follower holds them accountable to being truthful. They simply run on emotion.
I think right now in this country and the current political climate, emotions are running VERY high all the way around.

It's a very stressful time in this country both politically and socially. Many want to blame Trump for that and I do have so say there's quite a bit of provocation from his end.

Yet at the same time, WE are responsible for our own reactions and the comments we make.

Many there's been a time in the past few years where I made mistakes in what I thought was going on but I am one who is willing to learn from it and own it. Yet even more, I'll read where there are so many like Milano and Messing who do not do that research, and will not take ownership for their own mistakes because of the lack of that research.

There are so many who are so opposed to Trump that they'll actually go hunting down stories where every word is dripping in hatred for him, and everything is negative. If proven to be wrong, they simply move on to the next piece of negative news.

It's a sad time in our country right now.

(Sorry to go on a rant)
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 pm

I think right now in this country and the current political climate, emotions are running VERY high all the way around.

It's a very stressful time in this country both politically and socially. Many want to blame Trump for that and I do have so say there's quite a bit of provocation from his end.

Yet at the same time, WE are responsible for our own reactions and the comments we make.

Many there's been a time in the past few years where I made mistakes in what I thought was going on but I am one who is willing to learn from it and own it. Yet even more, I'll read where there are so many like Milano and Messing who do not do that research, and will not take ownership for their own mistakes because of the lack of that research.

There are so many who are so opposed to Trump that they'll actually go hunting down stories where every word is dripping in hatred for him, and everything is negative. If proven to be wrong, they simply move on to the next piece of negative news.

(Sorry to go on a rant)
I agree with you on this. Too many don't research, sometimes even myself (depending on the topic and my current energy level!) However, if I had the platform and voice that Milano and Messing do, I would be certain of the facts before I twitted. I do my best, even on here, to be factually correct. I also realize that not everyone accepts the same facts that I accept, and that's OK. I still do check before I post. And even so, sometimes I am wrong, and can admit to that. Or can link to what I said.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:42 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 pm

(Sorry to go on a rant)
I agree with you on this. Too many don't research, sometimes even myself (depending on the topic and my current energy level!) However, if I had the platform and voice that Milano and Messing do, I would be certain of the facts before I twitted. I do my best, even on here, to be factually correct. I also realize that not everyone accepts the same facts that I accept, and that's OK. I still do check before I post. And even so, sometimes I am wrong, and can admit to that. Or can link to what I said.
I completely agree with everything you've written and that is how I see it for myself.

Milano in particular has two Twitter accounts with one devoted to her political activism. She has a huge following, including quite a few far left Democrat celebrities such as herself and because of this, I feel she needs to be more thorough than some often is not.

Unless I've missed it, I've yet to see her acknowledge when she's been wrong about something politically.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:11 pm It's all well and good to say that immigrants help the economy, until it is YOUR economy that is impacted, whether by an over-abundance of immigrants doing the work you (used to) do or you are training your own H-1B visa holding replacement. I do not believe that illegal immigrants are doing all the work that Americans refuse to do.

An educated immigrant is more productive long-term than an un-educated immigrant. Same with citizens. A school with a high percentage of immigrant children cannot teach children who don't know the language, as well as children who do know the language, especially in the same classroom! The immigrant children need a lot more attention, instruction, and MONEY. Basically, they should be in their own classrooms until they have the language skills to be with everyone else. I believe it makes a lot more sense to do things way, than to put 20 immigrant children who have very little English in a class with a dozen non-immigrant children...

I feel that whatever we can do to track down illegal immigrants and remove them should be done. EVERY immigrant in the country on a visa should be checking in with the authorities on a regular basis, just as I had to do when I was the one with a visa. I know this will get me called a few names, but I do not agree with bringing in all the foreign workers on the H-1B visa's. If we don't have the people skilled enough to do the work in our own country, then that tells me that we aren't doing a good job educating our children. We should be fixing that problem rather than importing our work force. We should be teaching our children what they need to learn, not just giving up and bringing in thousands of foreign workers. Otherwise, the message that I'm getting is that we aren't smart enough in this country to actually do the work we need done. I do believe that we have the people, but maybe they don't have the "certification" or X number of hours/months/years experience... but that certainly doesn't mean they can't learn to do the job!! But it seems easier, for some, to just import the work force than to train someone already here...
we all know the education system in this country royally sucks....And, we have skilled people -- LAZY comes to mind - especially when I see THOUSANDS OF ACRES OF PRODUCE in california going to waste, because there's no one to pick it - that's why the price is going up too. The illegals all left -- who's going to pick the produce if our own citizens here refuse to? HOW do we 'fix' this?
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And, lets talk about illegals who became legal to go to the grow shops in Humbolt county....they all left the strawberry fields to get legalized, a living wage, and are living a decent life now. They have good wages, insurance, housing, and bene's, working at grow shops -- who wouldn't want to become legal to have that?
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

I see too many xenophobic Americans who want to reject people who are not identical to them. And too many selfish greedy money-hoarding Americans who hate that illegals want to become citizens mainly because then they will remain and continue to earn American dollars .
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Sneaky creepy lying people.
Locked Previous topicNext topic