Nancy Pelosi: an extremely stable genius

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm
DSamuels wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:58 pm

What was the genesis of "stable genius" in the first place? I see that used in snark all the time. Was that something Trump said about himself at one point?
So when Trump refers to himself as a stable genius it’s a joke, but when it’s used to describe a democrat like Pelosi, it’s a compliment? Does anyone have the cheat sheet to share with the rest of us?
It’s a snarky joke because it seems neither particularly stable or smart for an adult to seriously call themselves a “very stable genius” on more than one occasion, especially when the person often sounds and behaves like an unstable moron, as Trump does. The headline here is using Trump’s words to simultaneously compliment Pelosi and mock Trump’s phrase - not such a complicated concept one should need a cheat sheet to grasp it.
I was asking for a cheat sheet of the words or phrases that are considered insults to republicans/right leaning people while being complimentary when used to describe libs/dems. I wouldn’t have thought that was so complicated, guess I was wrong.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm
Francee89 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm

So when Trump refers to himself as a stable genius it’s a joke, but when it’s used to describe a democrat like Pelosi, it’s a compliment? Does anyone have the cheat sheet to share with the rest of us?
It’s a snarky joke because it seems neither particularly stable or smart for an adult to seriously call themselves a “very stable genius” on more than one occasion, especially when the person often sounds and behaves like an unstable moron, as Trump does. The headline here is using Trump’s words to simultaneously compliment Pelosi and mock Trump’s phrase - not such a complicated concept one should need a cheat sheet to grasp it.
I was asking for a cheat sheet of the words or phrases that are considered insults to republicans/right leaning people while being complimentary when used to describe libs/dems. I wouldn’t have thought that was so complicated, guess I was wrong.
It’s not a matter of words or phrases. It’s quite simple:

Someone calling themselves a “very stable genius”? Pathetic and strange.

A publication then using that person’s weird phrase to discuss that person’s political opponent? Simultaneously a jab at that person, a compliment of the opponent and a catchy headline.

It’s not a matter of words/phrases being acceptable for one political faction or another - had Pelosi bizarrely called herself a stable genius and someone wrote an article about how Trump was a better tactician than her, it would work just the same.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, yeah... when a mentally unstable moron describes himself as a “stable genius”, that’s funny.
When someone who has a history of political experience and knowledge is described as such by someone else, it’s an opinion that you’re free to disagree with.
But no one can argue the fact that Pelosi has a whole lot more knowledge, experience, education and class than Trump. She’s nowhere nearly “crazy” Pelosi, just as Trump is nowhere nearly a “stable genius”.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:49 pm No. I just think it'll be funny to see the reactions given the choice of words. So many Trumpers think Trump is a “stable genius” and Pelosi is the “raving lunatic” (when in reality it’s the other way around) that I think some will be somewhat triggered by it.

What was the genesis of "stable genius" in the first place? I see that used in snark all the time. Was that something Trump said about himself at one point?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:49 pm No. I just think it'll be funny to see the reactions given the choice of words. So many Trumpers think Trump is a “stable genius” and Pelosi is the “raving lunatic” (when in reality it’s the other way around) that I think some will be somewhat triggered by it.

"Far left good"
"Moderate and right bad"
"If you don't hate Trump and criticize everything he does even when it's really a positive thing, you're a worshipper"

There you go! That about sums it up. At least that's what I use to navigate the media and discussion boards.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

If you forgot that, you need a long vacation, 😊😋
I never saw where it came from, until Mom put that link up. I've just seen the snarky comments, so there was nothing to forget.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 pm
morgan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:31 am More like a (barely) functioning alcoholic criminal.
You make me laugh!! Thank you. Your description of her is so perfect..WELL SAID.

TRUMP 2020
You most certainly are "ANON" ;-/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

I never saw where it came from, until Mom put that link up. I've just seen the snarky comments, so there was nothing to forget.
Now I know how people can stomach Trump. They don’t listen to a word he says! If you haven’t heard him say this or reported in the news more than a few times then you don’t read the news or keep up with what he has to say. Because if you did follow his words and read what’s going on right now and still supported him? That’s scary.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:42 pm
iamanon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 pm
morgan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:31 am More like a (barely) functioning alcoholic criminal.
You make me laugh!! Thank you. Your description of her is so perfect..WELL SAID.

TRUMP 2020
You most certainly are "ANON" ;-/
I suspect she is BJ , even though she denies it. She hates Obama, Pelosi and other capable women and people of color.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 pm

"Far left good"
"Moderate and right bad"
"If you don't hate Trump and criticize everything he does even when it's really a positive thing, you're a worshipper"

There you go! That about sums it up. At least that's what I use to navigate the media and discussion boards.
Orange man bad!
KAG
Mean Girl
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:19 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Now I know how people can stomach Trump. They don’t listen to a word he says! If you haven’t heard him say this or reported in the news more than a few times then you don’t read the news or keep up with what he has to say. Because if you did follow his words and read what’s going on right now and still supported him? That’s scary.
I don't study his every tweet and every single thing he says. I research big things that are happening such as what's happening with the impeachment, what's going on with immigration, etc. I look at major topics.

I'm not obsessed with hating him enough to scour every word he says, or seek out articles talking about hislatest faux pas. There are far too many to track.

Frankly I'm tired of hearing about him already, if I'm being honest. No one should occupy that much real estate in anyone's brain as those that seek out and constantly examine every single breath he takes and every word he utters. I'm living my life.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic