I don't care if my kids stay home from school just because they feel like it

Anonymous 1

Unread post

As long as it isn't excessive I have no problem with them taking a mental health day. Self care is important. The schools here aren't crazy strict like some of the ones I have heard of on this website. Also in 'real life' aka adulthood and working in a career you can have these days too.

I think it's sad how many kids would even have to pretend to be sick or whatever just to stay home.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Ok
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it sad when parents don’t value education. There are plenty of professional development day, vacation days, and breaks built in for “mental
Health days” if your child is fragile enough to need one
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 am I think it sad when parents don’t value education. There are plenty of professional development day, vacation days, and breaks built in for “mental
Health days” if your child is fragile enough to need one
Missing school occasionally isn't going to hinder education. It doesn't make you fragile to take time for yourself.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't care either. We also take vacations during the school year if we want to. If it was causing problems, I wouldn't do it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kids have two days every week as "mental health days", Saturday and Sunday. They need to have a good reason to miss a day of class and I don't feel like going today is not a good reason.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:52 am My kids have two days every week as "mental health days", Saturday and Sunday. They need to have a good reason to miss a day of class and I don't feel like going today is not a good reason.
Sometimes two days isn't even. Sometimes we have busy weekends. It isn't the end of the world.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is the beauty of homeschooling. If I feel like the girls need it, I can tell them to get some extra work done and the next day we will take off and do something fun. They are both working ahead until Friday as the company we use only gives off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving and we take the whole week off. I told them to get to a certain lesson number and they will be finished until December 2nd. I gave my 14 year old a day off at the beginning of the month. She was ahead in her lessons and had her black belt test that night for karate. I told her she could take the day off and focus on her black belt test if she wished to do so. She got up and did 2 classes and then took the rest of the day off. I like the benefit of being able to travel when we wish and taking days off spontaneously.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My kids are allotted 4 mental health days a year more, if needed. And when I write their note as to please excuse blah blah blah from school today it's because they're taking a mental health day and their principal and counselors are all for it
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm sure you'll regret letting them take off whenever they wanted once they get out into the real world and can't hold a job because employers aren't going to let them take off just because they feel like. I hope you have a nice basement ready for them to live in.
Locked Previous topicNext topic