Im burnt out *vent

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Im just so tired of everything. Its even little things like laundry or grocery shopping are too much. Usually holidays are my jam but this year I couldn't care less. I don't want to do anything at all. Its ridiculous I know. Just moving to do chores or live normal day to day stuff feels like it saps all my energy. Its not just bei g tired. Its more a bone deep exhaustion that wont go away. But I keep smiling and keep on keeping on so nobody knows... This sucks
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you talked to a doctor about depression?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you get family members to help you out? Have your kids help with laundry or do a smaller thanksgiving? I found my kids really prefer if I'm relaxed and doing a small meal or eating out over being tense and upset.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

When I feel like that, I give myself time to just chill out. A whole day while the kids are in school and then do the bare minimum once they are home. If I still feel exhausted, I will give myself a 2nd day as well and if I feel like I should do something then I throw in a load of laundry to make myself feel like I did something productive. Being exhausted physically and/or mentally needs taken care of just like being sick. Be kind to yourself and don't just push through it sometimes....take care of your soul and just chill and watch t.v. or read or take a bath or all of the above or whatever is relaxing to you. Big hugs!!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You aren't a dr. so you don't know if it's depression. Could just be a small funk she is in.
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 am Have you talked to a doctor about depression?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm there too. Anon 2 has some very good advice.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Thanks! :) It took me many years to allow myself to fully take care of myself but once I let myself chill and figured out how to take care of me for once, I know it works!!
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:57 am I'm there too. Anon 2 has some very good advice.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:46 am You aren't a dr. so you don't know if it's depression. Could just be a small funk she is in.
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 am Have you talked to a doctor about depression?
I never said I was a doctor or that I know it is depression. I said she should talk to her doctor about depression, to get a medical opinion on if that could be a possibility since she has a lot of the symptoms.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Sounds like you need a vacation.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes, maybe she could talk to a dr. I just hate how people automatically assume it's depression or *could be* depression if they have a few symptoms. The way you worded it sounded like you were diagnosing her with depression.
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:46 am You aren't a dr. so you don't know if it's depression. Could just be a small funk she is in.
I never said I was a doctor or that I know it is depression. I said she should talk to her doctor about depression, to get a medical opinion on if that could be a possibility since she has a lot of the symptoms.
Locked Previous topicNext topic