If you could go anywhere...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

For Christmas, where would you go?

My kids are older now, and I'm starting to come round to the idea of travelling during the holidays. We already have plans at home this year, but I'm thinking ahead to next year.

What's been your favourite vacation so far? Even if you wouldn't want to spend Christmas there.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

China..hands down. It is one of the most incredible places I have ever been.
Our next international trip is a European river cruise from Amasterdam down to Basel, Switzerland. I can't wait to go next year.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'd love to visit China! I've heard some not-so-great things about China at Christmas though.

The cruise sounds like a good time! Enjoy yourselves!
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:14 am China..hands down. It is one of the most incredible places I have ever been.
Our next international trip is a European river cruise from Amasterdam down to Basel, Switzerland. I can't wait to go next year.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've heard Scotland is beautiful. My grandma used to go every year and would bring back the best candy.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We've only been during spring and summer so I have no clue about December.. It would be COLD in some areas though. We froze when we were in Beijing in March 07'. It was soooo windy and cold. We were buying hats from vendors on the street in Tiananmen Square it was so frigidly cold. It was much better when we went back in June 16'...It was super hot and humid ( like home, so we were quite used to it. LOL)

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 am I'd love to visit China! I've heard some not-so-great things about China at Christmas though.

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:14 am China..hands down. It is one of the most incredible places I have ever been.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 am I'd love to visit China! I've heard some not-so-great things about China at Christmas though.

What did you hear?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would love to go to Hawaii some day! Just don't know if I could handle the flight! I also loved Gatlinburg when we went there. Never been there for christmas but heard it was awesome during that time of year!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't like the cold, but I'll make an exception for Christmas!
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 am We've only been during spring and summer so I have no clue about December.. It would be COLD in some areas though. We froze when we were in Beijing in March 07'. It was soooo windy and cold. We were buying hats from vendors on the street in Tiananmen Square it was so frigidly cold. It was much better when we went back in June 16'...It was super hot and humid ( like home, so we were quite used to it. LOL)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mainly about the attempts that have been made to "ban Christmas". I've also heard that the major shopping centres are an absolute mad house at Christmas time, but I've heard the same thing about pretty much everywhere.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:34 am

What did you hear?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hawaii sounds like fun. Do you not like flying? I love it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:37 am I would love to go to Hawaii some day! Just don't know if I could handle the flight! I also loved Gatlinburg when we went there. Never been there for christmas but heard it was awesome during that time of year!
Locked Previous topicNext topic