Has anyone had carpel tunnel surgery?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I feel like I read something here or maybe another site about someone who had it and totally regretted it.

Just asking for a friend who said they want her to have it. I worry for her since I haven't read good things. She said the steroid shot they gave her made it feel like her hand was asleep and hurt like hell.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have had both wrists done, 14 years apart. First one I was out completely for. Second was a year ago and I was awake. Best decision ever, she has to go to an ortho who specializes in the hand and not a general ortho.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She can try wrist braces first. She wears them at night to sleep in. Either she can get a prescription and see an orthotist-a brace maker- or even easier Google carpal tunnel braces and buy them on Amazon.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

She needs to take 100mg of a B-complex at least twice a day and 5mg of methylcobalamin sublingual b12 at least twice a day until the pain has resolved. Her nerves in her wrist are inflamed and need b vitamins. Twenty years ago there was a woman at work who had carpal tunnel on one of her wrists that was so bad she wore a brace and was considering surgery. I told her to start taking a b complex. She did and her wrist got better. I developed nerve pain in my thumb joint and wrist from too much Nintendo DS playing. It hurt so bad it throbbed in my sleep unless I wore a brace. I started taking 100mg B complex and 5mg methylcobalamin twice a day and after the first week, the throbbing went away. It took another couple of weeks for the pain to go away but it did.

Send your friend this link for b-complex -- it's the only formulation that doesn't make me want to hurl and the prices are really good. And because the vitamins are in a form that are readily absorbable, she may only need 100mg a day. But if she takes 100mg a day twice a day it will help her feel better sooner.
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson ... 0-veg-caps

It's important that she get methylcobalamin, not cyanocobalamin. Methylcobalamin is more absorbable.
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson ... mg-60-tabs

And she should definitely google healing carpal tunnel with b12, b vitamins.
Locked Previous topicNext topic