Do we have to feed him?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

They have only made the drive here twice in 20 years so I'm sure she won't come over again but yeah, I would love to say that to her but I know I won't. I don't want to be anything like her. She has a nephew too and if she ever had to bring him for whatever reason, it would never have even crossed my mind to ask if I need to feed him.
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm You should not have even offered to bring leftovers for you and him. But the next time she comes to your house make sure to ask, "Do we have to feed you?"
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am It was on text so it's hard to know, but since she isn't the most pleasant person, I assume it was a rude tone. I truly don't know how else she meant it by saying that.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am Wow. What kind of tone did she use?
Could she have meant, “will he be staying with us when we eat,or will he be with his father before dinner time?”
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's an odd "Thanksgiving question".
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Those words *have to* seem pretty passive aggressive to me. I know it was her way of letting me know that she is offended that I told her my nephew would be with us. I know now that she would have preferred that I ask (I am assuming). And the way you worded it seems very appropriate to me. I would not have been offended by that. But "do we have to feed him" is ridiculous.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am It was on text so it's hard to know, but since she isn't the most pleasant person, I assume it was a rude tone. I truly don't know how else she meant it by saying that.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:16 am Wow. What kind of tone did she use?
Could she have meant, “will he be staying with us when we eat,or will he be with his father before dinner time?”
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 pm Those words *have to* seem pretty passive aggressive to me. I know it was her way of letting me know that she is offended that I told her my nephew would be with us. I know now that she would have preferred that I ask (I am assuming). And the way you worded it seems very appropriate to me. I would not have been offended by that. But "do we have to feed him" is ridiculous.

I definitely agree that she worded it poorly, but maybe that’s all it was.

Personally, I hate text, because it is so easy to misinterpret without tone of voice.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah, I just assume she meant it poorly because she has a poor attitude about a lot of things. But I texted back that I would bring our leftovers for me and my nephew so she didn't have to worry about it. She could have taken it for what it's worth or taken it passive aggressively. I don't care now.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 pm Those words *have to* seem pretty passive aggressive to me. I know it was her way of letting me know that she is offended that I told her my nephew would be with us. I know now that she would have preferred that I ask (I am assuming). And the way you worded it seems very appropriate to me. I would not have been offended by that. But "do we have to feed him" is ridiculous.

I definitely agree that she worded it poorly, but maybe that’s all it was.

Personally, I hate text, because it is so easy to misinterpret without tone of voice.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.
How old is your nephew?
How far does your brother live from your SIL's house?
You mentioned that you were bringing your nephew along as a favor to your brother so your brother can see his son. Is there a reason that you aren't just taking your nephew to his dad's house?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm Thanks! This might be the last time we go to SIL's this year so we might come to your house next year! lol!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm god you have no idea how badly i wanted to say something like that!!!

If you prefer, I will be more than happy to call her and deliver the message 😂
You can also bring your entire famiy to my house as well minus the heartless bitch 😊
Ok, the invitation is open ended for TG and Xmas forever, lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Okay! We will be there! lol! Thank you!! :)
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:59 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm Thanks! This might be the last time we go to SIL's this year so we might come to your house next year! lol!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm

If you prefer, I will be more than happy to call her and deliver the message 😂
You can also bring your entire famiy to my house as well minus the heartless bitch 😊
Ok, the invitation is open ended for TG and Xmas forever, lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Here is what I responded to you on the first page....SIl lives 2 hours away. My nephew's dad (my brother) lives near my SIL. So my nephew lives near us so we are giving him a ride, but my brother has to work so he will pick him up from SIL at a later time. This seemed to bother SIL with her question "do we have to feed him?" so not really sure we even want to go to their house again, but like i said, i was going to do it so i can give my nephew a ride to see his dad.

Also, he is 16 and doesn't have his license yet. And my brother lives about 10-15 minutes from SIL. He will pick him up at SIL's after he gets off of work..he works in the food business and they are not closed for Thanksgiving.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.
How old is your nephew?
How far does your brother live from your SIL's house?
You mentioned that you were bringing your nephew along as a favor to your brother so your brother can see his son. Is there a reason that you aren't just taking your nephew to his dad's house?
Locked Previous topicNext topic