Vaccinated Girl Dies of Influenza. Get Your Flu Shot.

Anonymous 1

Vaccinated Girl Dies of Influenza. Get Your Flu Shot.
How on earth is this crazy Orwellian narrative helpful to the public? "Flu shot f@#$% up. Get your flu shot."

https://stage.health.com/cold-flu-si...ns-flu-dangers

News media love to turn every tragedy into a blame game, a moral lesson, or both. But instead of, "Our vaccinated daughter died of the flu. Please don't assume the vaccine will protect your kids - hand-washing and staying home are important" . . . . we get:

Quote:
As time passed, Pugh and Splan decided to use Emma’s story to raise awareness about pediatric flu and to encourage everyone to get the flu shot.
“A lot of people wonder why we’re recommending the flu shot even though it didn’t work for us. But every time you get in a car you still get a seat belt. Why not stack the deck in your favor

Actually, instead of the seatbelt, let's use another pro-compliance favorite, the car seat.
Quote:
"Healthy 6-Year-Old Dies When Graco Booster Fails in Accident."
Quote:
"A lot of people wonder why we're recommending Graco boosters even though it didn't work for us. But . . . why not stack the deck in your favor."
Second, why does this article fail to inform the public that subsequent influenza vaccinations lessen effectiveness? A false sense of confidence from the Peltzman Effect could end up killing more children.
https://www.statnews.com/2015/11/11/flu ... ctiveness/

Also, whatever happened to the narrative that flu shots lessen flu symptoms?

Finally, why does the CDC keep lying through its teeth?

Quote:
According to the CDC, the best way to prevent flu is with a flu vaccine.

Um, I'm pretty sure that methods like hand-washing and voluntary quarantines are more than 19% effective.
Anonymous 2

I don't get the flu shot and neither do my kids. Last year 2 of my friends got it and still got the flu. If it was something like the MMR, where it was 99% effective, sure I'd get it. But it's not and I see no point if it may not protect me.
Deleted User 670

No thanks.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

The flu shot isn't always effective. I looked it up for a story I was writing. One reason is the virus they grow for the vaccine can mutate compared to what's in the wild. There are others but I'm not sure now what they are. Shit happens.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

It's all about big pharma and the almighty dollar.
Deleted User 876

Pjmm wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:56 pm The flu shot isn't always effective. I looked it up for a story I was writing. One reason is the virus they grow for the vaccine can mutate compared to what's in the wild. There are others but I'm not sure now what they are. Shit happens.
Exactly. Better at least a little protection than none at all. And in cases where vaccinated people still get/die from the disease, there are underlying health issues that led to them being more susceptible than the average Joe.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

We don’t get the flu shot either...

It’s crazy how every year they give kids flu shots at their school, and every year there are about half the kids absent the next week with the flu...
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

You clearly don't understand how the flu vaccine works. There are usually only three or four strains of flu deemed the worst that are included in the shot very year. It's the best shot we have at not getting the flu or of not getting as sick as if we had no immunity at all. It protects you against the strains included or possibly protects you against strains that might be similar enough to one you get to provide some immunity. Saying that since the flu vaccine doesn't protect you from every single strain on the planet then you shouldn't get a shot which would provide some protections is the height of stupidity.

It's also true that some people do not develop enough immunity by the time they are exposed since you need at least two weeks to get full immunity.
Anonymous 3

Here’s the thing:
There’s something fishy about the article.
Flu shots are worthwhile.
They’re not 100% effective for everyone but they’re better than nothing.
Every time I see a thread like this and people criticizing “ Big Pharm”, it just annoys me. The automatic , uninformed “ cutesy” phrase “ Big Pharm” is ridiculous.
Everyone I know gets flu shots. I do. I just got the two Shingles vaccinations too.
Guess what? I’m still alive and very healthy.
Use your heads.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

I'm allergic to the flu vaccine.
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic