Do you guys remember the big argument about sharing Netflix accounts on CM

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.howtogeek.com/413360/why-ne ... r-account/

And yet according to this article they were quoted as saying they don't care. I don't give a shit either way because I just pay for all of my own accounts but I did let my dad use my account for a few months and he ended up subscribing so I think sometimes account sharing could bring them new business.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:22 pm I remember that argument.
It was HUGE. I don't understand how the other poster who supposedly has the hard copies
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm
iamanon wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:22 pm I remember that argument.
It was HUGE. I don't understand how the other poster who supposedly has the hard copies
To be honest though EVERYTHING ON CM became a huge argument.
I don't have netflex and didn't get involved in the fight but I enjoyed the reasoning and the lack of them.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:19 pm I just skimmed over it... After reading the article it looks like they are going to "requiring customers to change their passwords periodically or texting codes to subscribers’ phones that they would need to enter to keep watching", first them implement the fingerprint. They should just go ahead with the fingerprint plan because its easy to call or text the actual account owner to get the password or text for the code.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:05 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:55 pm You can have 5 profiles on one account

I know this but they are now saying it's for households only. So if one of those accounts are shared with a different household it's an issue. If you read the article they are starting to play around with fingerprint id

How will that work if you watch Netflix on your TV or use a blu ray player? My Mom's cable provider has an app on their channel guide you can launch but she does not have a cell phone, a smart TV or computer.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm https://www.howtogeek.com/413360/why-ne ... r-account/

And yet according to this article they were quoted as saying they don't care. I don't give a shit either way because I just pay for all of my own accounts but I did let my dad use my account for a few months and he ended up subscribing so I think sometimes account sharing could bring them new business.

My brother lets my Mom use his. I don't see it as a big deal. I grabbed that Black Friday special last year for Hulu and got it for 99 cents a month for a year. I really don't think it would have been horrible if I had shared my password lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

We have the family account that allows for four users.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 pm And whether or not Netflix cared? Guess what? They do

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/password ... 30952.html
I know this but they are now saying it's for households only. So if one of those accounts are shared with a different household it's an issue. If you read the article they are starting to play around with fingerprint id
That's bullshit. If I pay for multiple accounts then I should be able to share one of those accounts with whomever I want. I'm paying for it regardless. We need congress to step up and regulate this crap.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:46 pm

That's bullshit. If I pay for multiple accounts then I should be able to share one of those accounts with whomever I want. I'm paying for it regardless. We need congress to step up and regulate this crap.
You aren't boating for multiple accounts. You are paying for multiple profiles. Not the same thing. They don't care about sharing with your household. They care about sharing with people outside of your household
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:49 pm

You aren't boating for multiple accounts. You are paying for multiple profiles. Not the same thing. They don't care about sharing with your household. They care about sharing with people outside of your household
We are still paying extra.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:49 pm

What if you have a child away at college? I think most people that share are sharing with either a parent or a child.
Locked Previous topicNext topic