Do you guys remember the big argument about sharing Netflix accounts on CM

Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:25 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:18 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 am

Would I have to have my husband register his fingerprint even though the account is my name and if I could do that I could just add my inlaws fingerprints. We sometimes watch on our phones but usually it’s on the Xbox or my inlaws fire stick. I don’t think Netflix will do anything because it would make people mad and they’d cancel.
I use my netflix with the roku player. So no idea how finger print ID would work with that.
Just a PSA but starting on December 1st most Roku players will not be able to support Netflix any longet
Wow, I just found this.
I think I have the Roku HD but my tv, netflix app or roku stick does allow the next episode auto-play for television series.
Now Im thoroughly confused 😕

As reported by Engadget, only the oldest of Roku models will cease supporting Netflix come December. This is due to the fact that Roku stopped updating models released before May 2011 in 2015. This means that the following Roku models will be affected: HD, HD-XR, SD, XD, XDS, and Netgear-branded XD and XDS devices.

Cord Cutters News also noted that a simple way to check if your machine’s Netflix app will no longer be supported is if it does not feature the next episode auto-play for television series, as this ability was added after Roku stopped updating these older models

Lifehacker also lists the following Roku devices that will no longer support Netflix on December 1:

Roku 2000C
Roku 2050X
Roku 2100X
Roku HD
Roku SD
Roku XD
Roku XR
Any other Roku devices that cannot auto-play the next episode
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 am
bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:35 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Hrmm no idea why you didn't get it. I don't want Disney+ plus. But tempted to get it if Verizon will pay for it for the year. LOL
Maybe it went to my husband's phone instead. He wouldn't have paid it any attention. LOL I'll try it out if it's free.
Found the text alert. It says when you move to an unlimited plan you can get Disney+ on them. Then $6.99 for a year. Could have sworn I was already on an unlimited plan. I will have to look next time I log in to pay my bill.
I checked my Verizon app and there was a big notification on top to enter your email so they could send you a login code on the 12th.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I don't share an account with anyone else so I do not have to worry about this. Last year we were struggling and had to cut off all out streaming services and I wouldn't have even thought to ask my mom for her passwords to share hers. We just waited until we were doing better to get it back.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:55 am I know Hulu cares...
My internet off, so I tried using my hotspot on my TV and Hulu said it was a different household....
I've logged into my Hulu account from vacation rentals, my parent's house and my in laws when I set up the outdoor movie screen in the summer and I've never had any problems.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:10 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:35 am

Just a PSA but starting on December 1st most Roku players will not be able to support Netflix any longet
What? I just looked up an article. I do have the Roku 3 model. Supposedly it will still be supported.
It’s only if your roku can’t autoplay

https://bgr.com/2019/10/14/roku-losing- ... s-upgrade/
Mine can. So phew! For now.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:18 am

I use my netflix with the roku player. So no idea how finger print ID would work with that.
Wow, I just found this.
I think I have the Roku HD but my tv, netflix app or roku stick does allow the next episode auto-play for television series.
Now Im thoroughly confused 😕

As reported by Engadget, only the oldest of Roku models will cease supporting Netflix come December. This is due to the fact that Roku stopped updating models released before May 2011 in 2015. This means that the following Roku models will be affected: HD, HD-XR, SD, XD, XDS, and Netgear-branded XD and XDS devices.

Cord Cutters News also noted that a simple way to check if your machine’s Netflix app will no longer be supported is if it does not feature the next episode auto-play for television series, as this ability was added after Roku stopped updating these older models

Lifehacker also lists the following Roku devices that will no longer support Netflix on December 1:

Roku 2000C
Roku 2050X
Roku 2100X
Roku HD
Roku SD
Roku XD
Roku XR
Any other Roku devices that cannot auto-play the next episode
If your smart tv already has netflix on it then you don't need the roku stick.
Read this
https://devices.netflix.com/en/compatible-devices/
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:19 pm I just skimmed over it... After reading the article it looks like they are going to "requiring customers to change their passwords periodically or texting codes to subscribers’ phones that they would need to enter to keep watching", first them implement the fingerprint. They should just go ahead with the fingerprint plan because its easy to call or text the actual account owner to get the password or text for the code.

How will that work if you watch Netflix on your TV or use a blu ray player? My Mom's cable provider has an app on their channel guide you can launch but she does not have a cell phone, a smart TV or computer.
Would I have to have my husband register his fingerprint even though the account is my name and if I could do that I could just add my inlaws fingerprints. We sometimes watch on our phones but usually it’s on the Xbox or my inlaws fire stick. I don’t think Netflix will do anything because it would make people mad and they’d cancel.
Agree. If I can *only* watch netflix now in my livingroom or bedroom I am cancelling. It would be ridiculous to keep paying when we can't watch it on a trip, or my son in his dorm room etc.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 am
My internet off, so I tried using my hotspot on my TV and Hulu said it was a different household....
I use my brother’s Hulu account daily, without issue. Two different households.
I thought it was weird too. I have used my hotspot before and not have that issue.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah. There was a conversation about this on Facebook. Apparently Netflix and hill are getting smart about it now.
i want candy!
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Hulu sucks on hotspot. I once didn't have internet and I couldn't use my hulu on my hotspot
Locked Previous topicNext topic