I'm not bailing my husband out of jail

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'd let him rot. DWI is an absolute deal-breaker for me. I'd be headed to a divorce attorney.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would be pretty upset about the DUI, and the lying. If he's telling you he's at work, and he's not, you have to wonder who he was with, and how often this happens. I wouldn't bail him out either, and when he got home we would be having a very long talk.

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't know your husband, but I know my husband and that something like that would be extremely out of character, so I'd bail him out so we can talk about what's going on with him.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I wouldn't either
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Did he actually think you were going to?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'd be pissed, but I think I'd still bail him out. I would prefer he didn't miss too much work and possibly lose his job over this since that is only going to make things worse for all of us.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it were my husband, jail would be the least of his worries. I'd be finding a divorce attorney right away.

My husband knows how I feel about drunkenness in general and about drunk driving. He would have to be the biggest dumbass on earth to pull something like this. To me personally, this would be worse than sleeping with another woman.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

How many years have you been married to DH? Do you work?
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

huh...is this out of character for him? are you sure he wasn't actually at a work meeting?
sometimes guys will feel pressured into "being one of the boys" especially in a masculine environment.....if this was out of character for him I would personally be wondering wtf happened?!

if he's a loser then whatever, ditch the fucker.
but if he is usually a good guy? ask wtf happened

yes its inexcusable, and I would be pissed!

but there may be some sort of explanation? I don't know....I feel for ya, what a mess
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:03 pm My husband was arrested earlier today for drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs. He also got caught with drug paraphernalia and drug possession. He had some weed and what had been driving home from bars. He was over the legal limit and they want $2,000 in bail. There's no way I'm going to bail him out I don't know what the f**k his problem is. He told me he was out at a work meeting. Clearly that was a lie.

As far as I knew last time he smoked was 20 years ago. Clearly there's some lying going on and I'm not okay with that. I'm not okay with bailing anyone out of jail especially not my own husband who was supposed to be at work.

He's going to have to figure out how to get out on his own and he's going to have to figure out where to go from here because at this point I'm not sure I even want to be with him anymore.

If if I somehow forget about the DUI and the drugs just the lying is a huge deal. I am just so shocked. It's going to cost a lot of money for him to get himself out of this mess and I'm not going to be any part of it I refuse to support any of this behavior.
So what I am reading is , you have a husband of many years, who admittedly committed some serious crimes. Clearly a one off, because you had no idea he drank or did drugs (i assume he never drove drunk before, you would have seen that, since you live together).
So your husband, who' you've vowed to love honor and respect, better and worse , made a pretty serious mistake. No one died or was hurt, thank goodness, but still a serious mistake.
Instead of being a crutch, finding out the circumstances, giving him a chance to live up to his crimes and not recommit, you're tossing him out the window.

Cold.
Locked Previous topicNext topic