I visited a known haunted house once

RedBottoms

Unread post

So I visited what was known publically as a known haunted house. Basically my Uncle was a realtor and he showed the house to us. He was trying to sell it. It was probably around Asheville I want to say but not sure.

The house had an odd history. It was made out of cinder blocks but it was a huge fancy house. Something about someone dared the person he could not build a house out of cinder blocks but he did to prove them wrong.

Okay so first thing about the house-we walk in the front door and the first thing you see on your right is a giant mural of a demon. Apparently one of the ladies living there before painted the picture of the demon haunting the house. It was freaky. She painted it on the wall directly right by the front door.

It was actually a very cool house. Big. Had a brand new up to date kitchen put in. Had a ballroom. Like if it was not spooky as shit-I would live there.

So I did indeed get a creepy vibe in the house. But some rooms very much had it worse than others. Like the kitchen was fine. But the basementy rec room was scary. That room was odd. So it was not a complete basement but it was lower than the rest of the house. It had two entrances with stairs from opposite sides that went to one landing and then down into this sunken level room. It was dark. No windows. And it had a jail cell. Shitting you not a jail cell with bars on the door window and everything.

Something about a former mayor used to live in the house or something and had gone to jail for embezzlement and when he got out they had the jail cell installed so they could throw a "Getting out of jail" party where he comes out of the jail cell at the party. I think they like converted a closet or something. But it was still there. It locked and everything.

But that was not the creepy part. The creepy part was the closet under the stairs in that area. I went to look into it and got this dark intense feeling of "Do not open that door". So I backed the f**k off. Turns out my father got the same exact feeling about that under the stairs closet and he also backed the f**k off immediately. We only found this out as we compared notes later that day.

Last I heard-he was going to probably make a sale on it to this lady that was a psychic and was okay with the ghost being there but her request was she spend a night there alone first just to make sure the ghost was okay with her and not hostile.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In NC? My uncle mentioned something about a creepy haunted house once in passing. I thought he was trying to screw with us, but I wonder if that was it.
Catching up
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Oh man that would have been cool
Fly away like a bird
RedBottoms

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm In NC? My uncle mentioned something about a creepy haunted house once in passing. I thought he was trying to screw with us, but I wonder if that was it.
I don't remember exactly where it was but my Aunt and Uncle live in NC so that was probably where it was. We were visiting them and he took us by there because he wanted to show it to us. They live around Asheville. I have tried to find info about that house online and have never been able to find anything. But apparently the house had quite a history
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:02 am
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm In NC? My uncle mentioned something about a creepy haunted house once in passing. I thought he was trying to screw with us, but I wonder if that was it.
I don't remember exactly where it was but my Aunt and Uncle live in NC so that was probably where it was. We were visiting them and he took us by there because he wanted to show it to us. They live around Asheville. I have tried to find info about that house online and have never been able to find anything. But apparently the house had quite a history
Yeah, my aunt and uncle live around Asheville too. That house could have been what he was talking about.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:19 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:02 am
Yeah, my aunt lives around Asheville too. That house could have been what he was talking about. He's since passed away so I can't ask him about it.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I'd love to see a picture of this
RedBottoms

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:40 pm I'd love to see a picture of this
I wish I had some. I have tried and tried to find something online about the house and can't find anything. It did not look like a creepy house from the outside. Pretty normal but that demon picture was scary and the jail cell room was scary
Seashell77
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:40 pm I'd love to see a picture of this
That's a great idea Reedusstalker ! I'd love to see some pictures too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic