DD has to retake one of her classes because she got a 76.8% overall

Sad mom

Unread post

DD just finished her senior year. She was in all advanced classes. She did well in all of them except for one. The rule is 77% is passing and she got a 76.8% in the class after taking the very hard cumulative final. She had an 89% class before the final. She thought she had done well on the final but she did not. She was hoping that she would get an A and was shocked when she say her grade.

The average on the final was 60% which is very low. Her and 10 other students will be retaking the class.

The worst thing is that she was supposed to start a summer internship through the college she got in to but now she cant. She is worried that she might not even be able to go to the school anymore because she had early acceptance and now she didnt technically finish her diploma. It is a required class so she hasnt earned all the credits she needs for her diploma. She can either take the advanced class over or the regular one. She is leaning towards the regular one because she knows she will pass easily.

The whole thing is a mess. We tried to talk to the principal about it because we felt it was unfair for 11 students to go from having a great grade to failing the class over a final that almost no one did well on but the principal is backing the teacher.

I just hope she can take the class and start college in the fall as planned. It will suck to not do the internship but it will be worse if she doesnt even have a college to go to
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Is there any way for her to take the class via correspondence or online?
Sad mom

Unread post

caustib wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 am Is there any way for her to take the class via correspondence or online?
I think she can take it online but she would rather just go to class. Taking it online wouldnt give her much of an advantage

Unread post

Wow
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Does she still get to walk during the graduation ceremony?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would back the teacher as well. It sucks, but sometimes that's life.

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:47 am Does she still get to walk during the graduation ceremony?
No she didnt get to walk
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Something like this happened to me with a regents exam. They ended up re-scoring it. Brought my exam grade from like a 47% to an 82% it was ridiculous. Basically 90% of the kids that took that math regents failed it so NYS took a look at it. Thank god for that!
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How did this ridiculous troll post get resurrected?
RedBottoms

Unread post

that sucks. Have her take the regular class and move on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic