Single mom, no father figure, need a father figure

Deleted User 172

Unread post

So my YDS mooned his class today. Dont worry he's been properly disciplined for it. Idk where he got it from but he's had his electronics taken from him for the week. It was bad.
Anyway, the school administrator called me and told me and we talked for a few minutes. He mentioned that it seems like he's doing it for attention and we talked about how YDS doesn't have a father at home.
I mentioned that I've tried to get him into Big Brothers and Big sisters but haven't gotten a response and i cant help but thinking that if he had a strong positive male role model that can teach him discipline and what it takes to be a man he will be much happier.
So after school i looked up a dojo near me, literally half a mile away and we went down there. The sensei was so great with YDS and YDS was grinning and playing with him. We talked about getting him into an after school program, where they do homework, play, train, eat snacks and play some more until 6:30.
I think its a great opportunity for both kids and sensei even said he wants me to come in and train for free because its important for me to be able to relieve my stress also.
Its such a good idea and I'm going to do it. Hopefully it'll be the best thing I've ever done for all of us..

I just wish things would have been different for us, i wish they had their father and that their father was a man they can look up to. This isnt a permanent solution and i can't just bring some man into their lives (like exbf) who will just end up leaving or being left for whatever reason. I can't stand the thought of another man leaving us, whether its the sensei for whatever reason or a bf who loves us one minute then leaves us the next.
I don't think my YDS's heart can take another rejection of that type.
But i have to try. Hopefully, since we'll be paying and training he can be a positive influence on my boys for several years to come. Maybe by the time its time to part ways I'll have a good man in my life that can take us on.

What really broke my heart the most about the breakup with my ex is that he was so good with my boys. He truly seemed like he adored my boys and took time out to spend time with each kid. I just wish things were different.
But this is my life, my kids are my responsibility and i have to give them a good life.

Sigh.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think the dojo is a great idea
It will give him discipline and structure and positive role models.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I put my son in sports. It helped so much because of the amazing coaches and male role models. It has helped us immensely get through the last 5 years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic