Immigration Supreme Court allows Trump administration to enforce toughest restriction yet on asylum requests

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The U.S. Supreme Court late Wednesday gave the Trump administration permission to enforce its toughest restriction yet on asylum seekers at the southern border, even though a lawsuit to stop the new policy is still working its way through the lower courts.

As a result, the government can now refuse to consider a request for asylum from anyone who failed to apply for it in another country after leaving home but before coming here. The order means, for instance, that migrants from Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador cannot seek asylum in the U.S. if they didn't first ask for it in Mexico.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented, saying the court acted too quickly and should allow the case to work its way through the normal judicial process.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... s-n1052751
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good news!

We aren't the babysitter of the world. We are a country, not a charity

No worries, I'm sure all the liberals will sell their possessions, move to these countries and spend their lives as missionaries. They aren't all talk, no action, right?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 pm Good news!

No worries, I'm sure all the liberals will sell their possessions, move to these countries and spend their lives as missionaries. They aren't all talk, no action, right?
That will never happen! LOL
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm

I live in a conservative rural county and our town (county seat) has a population of 400. I'm a supporter (both in time and money) of a non-profit who meets buses and gives aid to asylum seekers. Currently 7 asylum seeking families are being housed and supported by our county residents. The organization is currently looking into purchasing land and creating a haven for more than 2 dozen families seeking asylum.

Many people, both liberal and conservative, are action and less talk. I realize that you feel that these people are not deserving of assistance but thankfully there are many who see them as fellow humans and worthy of compassion.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:34 pm

You got that right! 😃
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

if you are legitimately seeking asylum, you will seek it in the next closest country to you.

if you're running for your life down a street from a violent madman you don't pass by several humble looking homes in favor of a mansion before kocking on a door and begging to be let in. you stop at the 1st safe house you see because you're in immediate peril.

everyone with a brain knows this. the migrant caravans themselves said on camera they wanted into america for work. they were coached by illegal immigrant activist groups to plead asylum and abuse the system. this will reduce the massive numbers of people we dont have the means to house in detainment centers and make conditions better for everyone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic