Poll: Should Memes Be Allowed in N&P?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.

Should memes & gifs be allowed in n&p?

Allowed in n&p
33%
Not allowed in n&p
67%

Total votes: 24
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 pm
Lexy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Of course he is popular in North Carolina,a conservative Republican state populated by a whole lot of yahoos who drive beat up loud trucks with rebel flags in the back window , sometimes a rifle.
He speaks to the sleaze , prejudice, homophobia and bigotry there.
Are you serious?
Yes.
We lived in Fayetteville for 8 long years.
Did you?
No of course not .
I did.
I was there last summer. How long ago did you live there that you saw guns in the back of loud trucks?
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Are you serious?
Yes.
Did you?
No of course not .
I did.
I was there last summer. How long ago did you live there that you saw guns in the back of loud trucks?
I said EIGHT years! 8.
Ocho.
Eight!!’
You don’t have to believe me.
I don’t care.
🙄
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Yes.
Did you?
No of course not .
I did.
I said EIGHT years! 8.
Ocho.
Eight!!’
I don’t care.
🙄
and I asked how long ago!
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 pm

I said EIGHT years! 8.
Ocho.
Eight!!’
I don’t care.
🙄
and I asked how long ago!
When I visited last March, nothing had changed. The route on the way to the Ft Bragg commissary featured trucks with rebel flags , one also hung a rifle from the back window. Yah, we used to laugh at them back in the 80’s and 90’s but now they just make me sick.
Is that clear!
🙄
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Nothing like a lame ass meme war for a change of pace in here. I voted no, because some in here find some pretty lame ass memes. Don't believe me? Try looking through the posts in the meme group.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow

Of course he is popular in North Carolina,a conservative Republican state populated by a whole lot of yahoos who drive beat up loud trucks with rebel flags in the back window , sometimes a rifle.
Are you serious?
Yes.
Did you?
No of course not .
I did.
Wow, you must have been in one of the less-than-expensive neighborhoods. My experience in the South was nothing like that!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes.
Did you?
No of course not .
I did.
I said EIGHT years! 8.
Ocho.
Eight!!’
I don’t care.
🙄
You lived there 8 years ago? Hmmmm. Not what I recall you stating on CM. I'm pretty sure you lived somewhere where it snowed. I definitely recall conversations about winters and snowfalls.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:23 pm

I said EIGHT years! 8.
Ocho.
Eight!!’
I don’t care.
🙄
You lived there 8 years ago? Hmmmm. Not what I recall you stating on CM. I'm pretty sure you lived somewhere where it snowed. I definitely recall conversations about winters and snowfalls.
I’m from Minnesota. I’m there now.
But as an Air Force wife, I lived all over the USA and twice in Germany.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm Nothing like a lame ass meme war for a change of pace in here. I voted no, because some in here find some pretty lame ass memes. Don't believe me? Try looking through the posts in the meme group.
The meme group is crass.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:26 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Both republicans won, and President Trump’s visits to N.C. seemed to help them. Tell us again how unpopular he is.
Don’t some of your kids live there? Wow, what a description of them!

So people who live in the south drive loud pick up trucks and are sleazy, prejudiced, homophobic and bigoted?

Sounds like you are extremely prejudiced and bigoted towards southerners. So much for being open-minded.
You’ve never been to Fayetteville.
It’s full of crap . And old money southern families.
You don’t get out much do you.

My son and his family DO NOT live there.

They’re in an upper class , liberal area of the triangle area ( Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) . . the neighborhood includes a pool, a clubhouse with a gym.
They play tennis. They don’t have a loud truck with a rebel flag. They have electric cars. They jog and spend time in the gym working out .
I’m so proud of them.

It’s not appropriate to mention anyone’s children here, remember.
Tsk tsk
Locked Previous topicNext topic