Trump defends lightbulb efficiency rollback: 'I look better under an incandescent light'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A great, long lasting and efficient bulb is 130 volts, instead of 120. The higher voltage allows for surges that blow 120 bulbs. I learned this from my FIL who was a lineman for 20 years. When he sold his house, I traded out the bulbs. 7 years later those bulbs are still in use in my home.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 am A great, long lasting and efficient bulb is 130 volts, instead of 120. The higher voltage allows for surges that blow 120 bulbs. I learned this from my FIL who was a lineman for 20 years. When he sold his house, I traded out the bulbs. 7 years later those bulbs are still in use in my home.
I don’t think we’ve ever had to change out the lightbulbs in our 2 hall lights and we’ve lived here 19 years. Same for the one in the foyer. Or course they are almost never turned on either.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:12 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 am A great, long lasting and efficient bulb is 130 volts, instead of 120. The higher voltage allows for surges that blow 120 bulbs. I learned this from my FIL who was a lineman for 20 years. When he sold his house, I traded out the bulbs. 7 years later those bulbs are still in use in my home.
I don’t think we’ve ever had to change out the lightbulbs in our 2 hall lights and we’ve lived here 19 years. Same for the one in the foyer. Or course they are almost never turned on either.
I had to change the light fixtures in the foyer and hall before I had to change bulbs. But with all these kids in the house, I'm constantly turning lights off, lol.

What happened to IF YOU'RE NOT USING THE LIGHT, TURN IT OFF? Hahaha!
306/232

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 am
I had to change the light fixtures in the foyer and hall before I had to change bulbs. But with all these kids in the house, I'm constantly turning lights off, lol.

It’s just us and hubby likes to watch TV in the dark. UGH We have the light on in the breakfast room that adjoins the great room on a dimmer switch. That’s usually the only light on in the house except the bathroom lights. I think the gas/electric company estimates we spend $1 a month on lighting.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 am

It’s just us and hubby likes to watch TV in the dark. UGH We have the light on in the breakfast room that adjoins the great room on a dimmer switch. That’s usually the only light on in the house except the bathroom lights. I think the gas/electric company estimates we spend $1 a month on lighting.
Sometimes I wish it was just me, my fids, and my pup. But this house is too much for just "us". I enjoy the dark. Only light on at night is the one over the stove. My electric bill is high, but that's not because of lights. It's the a.c. keeping the heat at bay. Florida sucks!
306/232

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm What an ass. Not to mention that high efficiency bulbs now are very much like incandescent bulbs. I agree the new bulbs are still too expensive and you should have a choice but Trump knows nothing about it.
How are they more? I can purchase a 4 pack of regular bulbs for $7.97, or a 4 pack of LED for $9.47. Really not much difference and the savings in electrical will make up for the difference.

I prefer the LED bulbs, they are softer. What use to drive me nuts was with LED you could not dim them, thankfully this has changed. Someone should have some fun with Trump and change all the lightbulbs in the White House to the Vintage Filament.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm What an ass. Not to mention that high efficiency bulbs now are very much like incandescent bulbs. I agree the new bulbs are still too expensive and you should have a choice but Trump knows nothing about it.
How are they more? I can purchase a 4 pack of regular bulbs for $7.97, or a 4 pack of LED for $9.47. Really not much difference and the savings in electrical will make up for the difference.

I prefer the LED bulbs, they are softer. What use to drive me nuts was with LED you could not dim them, thankfully this has changed. Someone should have some fun with Trump and change all the lightbulbs in the White House to the Vintage Filament.
It was only about ten years ago that a four pack of regular bulbs was less than three bucks.
306/232

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 am

It was only about ten years ago that a four pack of regular bulbs was less than three bucks.
Around here you will not find that. Plus I can get energy rebates that bring the cost of the LED light bulbs down, sometimes even for free.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:51 am

Around here you will not find that. Plus I can get energy rebates that bring the cost of the LED light bulbs down, sometimes even for free.
You won't find them for that price here anymore either. I haven't seen an option for rebates.
306/232

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am
highlandmum wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:51 am

You won't find them for that price here anymore either. I haven't seen an option for rebates.
I am in Canada and they are really pushing the LED light bulbs. Last LED ones I got cost me $1 for a pack of 4.
Locked Previous topicNext topic