Leftists complain that an onscreen gay couple is murdered in IT Chapter 2

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Crimson417
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Are you always this triggered by movie reviews?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I second that. I’m sure there are some extremist leftists that are freaking out. But that certainly doesn’t mean that they reflect THE left perspective on this issue. I’m not liberal in my personal opinions and I’m more center-right so I don’t see how this is homophobic. Being gay doesn’t mean you’re immune from being a victim of a crime. And I’m pretty sure most people, even those more left inclined think the same way. So a couple of extremists feel outraged? Gee... how unsettling 😁
ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:06 pm
water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:00 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am
No, I totally agree with you. How dare they write about a movie they didn’t like. Bastards.

Obviously since everyone who reads an article in a magazine thinks however the article tells them to think, disliking a movie is bringing about the downfall of all society...
wow, is this tough for you? you read an atricle, look at the broad message it conveys and discuss the actual message. not what every single person in society thinks, not the source, just the argument's merits.

do you think its homophobic or bigoted to depict "marginalized" groups as murder victims in horror films? More broadly, will there ever be equality if we treat them as perpetual victims? or taboo subjects we have to walk on eggshells around?

but go ahead and continue derailing with yourself. I am done engaging if thats what you want to do.
I haven’t seen the movie, so I can’t comment on the scene. I don’t think it’s homophobia or bigotry, and I also don’t think most people think so either.

The only thing I have to comment on is your relentless goal of attempting to vilify and mock anyone with left leaning politics... most often by grouping something that a few people said into a defining basis for what all of those on the left think...so sorry to say, your posts have lost the credibility to be realistically debated.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info!
AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm
water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:18 am

Gifs are not allowed in this group.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It was loosely based off a real crime in King's town and I think its referenced in the book even. He actually talks about it in an interview. Perhaps these few who freaked out over the film should look up his interview regarding the matter.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Stephen King is brilliant. He’s talented, intelligent, a funny and selfless man. He was a guest on GMA today and everyone loved him. His new book “ the institute “ will be awesome I’m sure.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm I second that. I’m sure there are some extremist leftists that are freaking out. But that certainly doesn’t mean that they reflect THE left perspective on this issue. I’m not liberal in my personal opinions and I’m more center-right so I don’t see how this is homophobic. Being gay doesn’t mean you’re immune from being a victim of a crime. And I’m pretty sure most people, even those more left inclined think the same way. So a couple of extremists feel outraged? Gee... how unsettling 😁

wow, is this tough for you? you read an atricle, look at the broad message it conveys and discuss the actual message. not what every single person in society thinks, not the source, just the argument's merits.

do you think its homophobic or bigoted to depict "marginalized" groups as murder victims in horror films? More broadly, will there ever be equality if we treat them as perpetual victims? or taboo subjects we have to walk on eggshells around?

but go ahead and continue derailing with yourself. I am done engaging if thats what you want to do.
I haven’t seen the movie, so I can’t comment on the scene. I don’t think it’s homophobia or bigotry, and I also don’t think most people think so either.

The only thing I have to comment on is your relentless goal of attempting to vilify and mock anyone with left leaning politics... most often by grouping something that a few people said into a defining basis for what all of those on the left think...so sorry to say, your posts have lost the credibility to be realistically debated.
I was rolling my eyes at the complaint, but once I read the Slate article, the author seems to be arguing that he didn’t like the inclusion of the scene without any of the context in the book - the teenagers who kill the man are punished and the shock of the town is explored - particularly because the scene is based on the murder of a real person. He seems to have simply wanted more nuance, like King included in the book, not to have gay people be off-limits as crime victims completely, as the OP is representing. I haven’t seen the movie so I can’t give my personal thoughts on it, but that seems like a reasonable thing for a culture blog writer to publish an article on, even if I ultimately disagree with him if/when I see the movie.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I haven’t seen the movie either so I also can’t form my own personal opinion.
Come to think of it, I missed the first modern “It” movie! I think I’ll watch it now while I clean my fridge 😁
Francee89 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm I second that. I’m sure there are some extremist leftists that are freaking out. But that certainly doesn’t mean that they reflect THE left perspective on this issue. I’m not liberal in my personal opinions and I’m more center-right so I don’t see how this is homophobic. Being gay doesn’t mean you’re immune from being a victim of a crime. And I’m pretty sure most people, even those more left inclined think the same way. So a couple of extremists feel outraged? Gee... how unsettling 😁

I was rolling my eyes at the complaint, but once I read the Slate article, the author seems to be arguing that he didn’t like the inclusion of the scene without any of the context in the book - the teenagers who kill the man are punished and the shock of the town is explored - particularly because the scene is based on the murder of a real person. He seems to have simply wanted more nuance, like King included in the book, not to have gay people be off-limits as crime victims completely, as the OP is representing. I haven’t seen the movie so I can’t give my personal thoughts on it, but that seems like a reasonable thing for a culture blog writer to publish an article on, even if I ultimately disagree with him if/when I see the movie.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm

can you be anymore intellectually dishonest? this group is entirely here for debating news and politics. left and right. the left here constantly attacks the right. their politicians, their supporters and more broadly their ideals, morals and influence on society. it is a 2 way street.

this is no different. wokeism/intersectional progressivism is a left wing driven ideology and it obviously is influencing social trends whether good or bad. sorry if you dont like that about your side but it is.

you are incapable of sticking to the topic. I never attacked you or any indivdual here. I challenged an IDEA and authors who are not memebrs of this group. You are attacking me personally, instead of discussing the topic. please put me on foe if your goal is to derail all of my posts because you claim:

"so sorry to say, your posts have lost the credibility to be realistically debated."

THERE IS ZERO REASON FOR YOU TO ENTER MY POSTS BASED ON YOUR OWN WORDS 🔼

unless you're admititng you're intentionally derailing my posts in order to harrass me?
Oh my, lol. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

its not in the rules but several of these are being broken. feel free to tattle tale to skip so everyone in here can be reported.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info!

cause its not in the rules. guess they're being made up as we go 🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic