Get In Gear

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does anyone else have a parent who tells everyone about your business? That would be my mom.
My friend's mom (EV) was telling my mom about how her daughter finished college, bought a house etc etc. Now, I am very happy for my friend and we talk daily on FB. My mom told EV that I lived in a trailer and she didn't know what I did for work (because I won't tell her)
So EV decided to message me on FB and tell me I should get in gear and use her daughter as motivation to do better. Then she tells me she is only saying these things because she cares about me and my kids. (BS)
I told her, maybe she should get in gear and get her own house instead of trying to move in with her daughter.
After that EV blocked me and told my friend I was jealous of her success.
I am happy for my friend, but not jealous. My friend was even laughing about.
There was a time I couldn't wait to buy a house and move out, but that changed when my SO died at 37 years old. I don't want to get a house in a bad neighborhood and I dont want to be house poor in a good neighborhood. I dont want my kids to have to sacrifice their activities and our time together just to boast about having a house over a trailer. The plan is to move in the summer of 2020.
I told my mom I love her, but she doesn't have to tell everyone every detail of my life. A simple "She is fine, the boys are fine and (if asked) they live in C county."
Vent over.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sounds like your Mom has boundary issues. You can't control what your Mom shares, you can only control what info you give her, like you are doing with your employment information.

I wish you luck in your next move. Having a short and long term plan is great.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:57 am Sounds like your Mom has boundary issues. You can't control what your Mom shares, you can only control what info you give her, like you are doing with your employment information.

I wish you luck in your next move. Having a short and long term plan is great.
Yeah, she has major boundary issues. That is why I refuse to tell my mom what I do for work. She has a habit of trying to sabotage it unintentionally or ask if I could get a job for someone she knows...
10 more month to go.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I listened to my mother tell anyone who sat next to her at the big extended family Thanksgiving all about my sister's health issues and her birth control. My sister wasn't there. I tried to change the subject a few times but that didn't work too well.

My mother gossiped about my divorce to all the relatives too. Even though she didn't know anything about it. I try to keep her out of my life as much as possible.

Congrats on your upcoming move!!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's my mom. She will blab to anyone about anything you share with her. Drove me batshit crazy. She gets very little info about my life.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm fairly sure whatever I tell my mother gets told to one and all. I don't care. I can keep things to myself that's all or tell my father. He's discreet I think.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My mom tried. Once. I told her to butt out. In fact, I'm the only one out of four kids that told her that when she went too far with her 'opinions' and 'advice'.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Exactly why I don't share personal things with her.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know this is going to come out wrong even before I say it but...

I guess that's one of the perks of both my parents being dead. I don't have to deal with that kind of stuff.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My mom did that a few times.. I understand why she did it.. she was very proud of my success, but I shut that down early on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic