The Economy: Trump vs Obama

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ost&wpmm=1
s a recession coming in 2020 or 2021? Experts continue to debate the conflicting signals, but an equally telling question might be: How does the “Trump economy” compare to Barack Obama’s?

President Trump constantly refers to the economy as “strong,” “terrific” and the “greatest in the history of our country,” but a closer look at the data shows a mixed picture in terms of whether the economy is any better than it was in Obama’s final years. The economy is growing at about the same pace as it did in Obama’s last years, and unemployment, while lower under Trump, has continued a trend that began in 2011.
"the greatest in the history of our country".LOL.

Very good article.
Thoughts?
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So are you implying that President Trump can't take any credit for our strong economy?
Or are you implying that President Trump is to blame for our failing economy?
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So which one are you admitting to be a reality? The strong economy or the economic failure?
Because it’s actually Trump supporters the ones that have hailed him as a conquering hero when the economy was OK and he was claiming it was the best ever. But now that it’s heading to a recession, those same people claim the president really doesn’t have that much influence on the economy.

So maybe now that you’re back (😂) you can clarify for us that point. I mean, your fellow Trump admires tend to pretend they didn’t read the question, maybe you have an answer. So... do presidents have an important influence in the economy, yes or no? If yes, can we blame Trump for this impending recession? If not, can we give him credit for the previous growth? Because how can’t you justify giving him credit for the food but then claim that he really doesn’t have that much influence during the bad? It’s one or the other, can’t have it both ways.
morgan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 pm So are you implying that President Trump can't take any credit for our strong economy?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Question for the OP:
morgan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 pm So are you implying that President Trump can't take any credit for our strong economy?
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You didn’t have to quote yourself. She can read it.
How about answering MY question to YOU in the meantime?
morgan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:49 pm Question for the OP:
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bump
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I’m not “ implying “. I’m posting an article. Read it.
Trump was handed a strong economy in January 2017 when he was sworn in - thanks to the previous President . Obama- who healed the damaged economy. There was the recession of 2007-2008, remember, during the Bush years.
Those are facts.
Now as to the future? We will just wait and see.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Funny thing is, she pressured you to giving her an answer, and yet she’s completely ignoring my question! How hypocritical is that?
I wonder if iamanon would want to answer...? 😂🤣
Ledina60 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:21 pm
Trump was handed a strong economy in January 2017 when he was sworn in - thanks to the previous President . Obama- who healed the damaged economy. There was the recession of 2007-2008, remember, during the Bush years.
Those are facts.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:21 pm
Those are facts.
Nothing about Trump and the current economy? What's the Trump versus Obama headline if there's nothing to compare?
KAG
Mean Girl
Crimson417
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well in trump supporter logic he's always the reason it's "strong" and it's always someone else's fault if it's failing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic