DD has decided to go for her bachelors degree instead of getting a job

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:51 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:28 pm

It's your prerogative not to pay anymore college tuition and living expenses. In our family we pay for the entire college bill if they agree to at least go for a masters degree. We dont want them saddled with a boatload of debt when starting their career and life.
We would pay for the schooling if she was working to support herself. There is 0 reason why she cant work right now
Does she have her own apartment or live at home? If she has an apartment would a job pay her rent, utilities, food, car and insurance?
You would be willing to pay her tuition and books if she paid for her living expenses?
She lives at home but we pay all of her bills. We will pay tuition if she is working
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:39 am What is her other degree in? Does she live at home? How old is she?
Zoology, yes she lives at home, she is 24
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:39 am What is her other degree in? Does she live at home? How old is she?
Zoology, yes she lives at home, she is 24
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 am Most of the nurses I know who got their BSN (or are getting it) online while working. Is that an option for her?
Yes and that was her plan up until now
Anonymous 10

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:25 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:40 pm I love how everyone claims education is so important but when it comes to paying for it, it’s a different story. You need a BSN to get a high paying job. Even better is Nurse Practitioner. How people don’t want to educate their children is puzzling to me.
This. You really do need a bsn for higher pay. I'm looking at a bachelor's in childhood education with emphasis on special education.
I definitly need a bachelor's for that. Good thing I have credits I can transfer.
If you want to teach you will need to get a masters degree.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:40 pm I love how everyone claims education is so important but when it comes to paying for it, it’s a different story. You need a BSN to get a high paying job. Even better is Nurse Practitioner. How people don’t want to educate their children is puzzling to me.
This. You really do need a bsn for higher pay. I'm looking at a bachelor's in childhood education with emphasis on special education.
I definitly need a bachelor's for that. Good thing I have credits I can transfer.
The pay is good with an associates degree. Yes it will increase when she gets her BSN but there is no reason to not be working in the mean time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 pm
This is the second time around we have paid for a degree. We made a deal and she is going back on it. She needs to get a job
What was the first degree in?
Zoology
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:51 pm

We would pay for the schooling if she was working to support herself. There is 0 reason why she cant work right now
Does she have her own apartment or live at home? If she has an apartment would a job pay her rent, utilities, food, car and insurance?
You would be willing to pay her tuition and books if she paid for her living expenses?
She lives at home but we pay all of her bills. We will pay tuition if she is working
Then you are being more than fair about this. Since she's living at home, her bills cant be that much.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am
If you want to teach you will need to get a masters degree.
Not really. To obtain a license in most states only a BA is required. Most districts prefer to hire teachers with only a BA. They are cheaper. I didn’t obtain my MA until having been teaching FT for a few years already.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 pm

This is the second time around we have paid for a degree. We made a deal and she is going back on it. She needs to get a job
What was the first degree in?
Zoology
Yeah, she's going to become a career student if you don't put a stop to it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic