Pinworm Help!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Also known as thread worms and seat worms.
We got pinworms when the LO started pre-k.
Treated it like you would lice. Everyone got treated and everything got disinfected.
Got it again a few months later and after that we did a preventative treatment every month. I became hyper vigilant on preventing both pinworms and lice. Well I stopped for the summer. My great mistake.
Last night I felt sick to my stomach. This morning I found a pinworm.
Any natural remedies that I can give the whole family maybe once a week? My paranoia has been peaked yet again. We will get the medicine for this outbreak in the mean time
Please note, my LO is ND and is in a class of other ND preschoolers.
We have taught him about proper hygiene and not accepting food from other kids or putting things in his mouth, but he is ND. The preschool teachers cannot be expected to keep their eyes on the children all the time.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What is ND?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

There are a lot of herbal antiparasitic formulas out there. I use Clarkia Extra Strong. It's an herbal tincture of three herbs: cloves, unripe black walnut rinds and wormwood. Each herb attacks the parasites at a specific stage. You take one drop per 10lb of body weight (10 drops for 100lbs). You can take it all at once in some water or divide the dose twice or three times a day. Two weeks on and a week off and then back on for two weeks and off a week for a month. Preventive, you can do every 3 months. It's safe for children, cats and dogs. I use it on my beasts.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Most likely they are not getting it from classmates but the playground or your back yard. Ive been through this every summer with my kids. I preach and preach about washing their hands when they come in from playing and to keep their hands out of their mouths, but alas, they get it at least once every summer.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That is disgusting and not normal at all. What is wrong with your kid that they dont understand not to put shit in their mouth?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:05 pmWhat is ND?
Neurodiverse. It covers a wide range of neurological disorders.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm That is disgusting and not normal at all. What is wrong with your kid that they dont understand not to put shit in their mouth?
My kid isn't putting shit in their mouth. Google is your friend use it. If you don't have anything constructive to give. GTFO of my post.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:10 pm There are a lot of herbal antiparasitic formulas out there. I use Clarkia Extra Strong. It's an herbal tincture of three herbs: cloves, unripe black walnut rinds and wormwood. Each herb attacks the parasites at a specific stage. You take one drop per 10lb of body weight (10 drops for 100lbs). You can take it all at once in some water or divide the dose twice or three times a day. Two weeks on and a week off and then back on for two weeks and off a week for a month. Preventive, you can do every 3 months. It's safe for children, cats and dogs. I use it on my beasts.
Thank you!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:00 pm Most likely they are not getting it from classmates but the playground or your back yard. Ive been through this every summer with my kids. I preach and preach about washing their hands when they come in from playing and to keep their hands out of their mouths, but alas, they get it at least once every summer.
I can't wait for this phase in my life to be over. Pinworms is like lice, one brings it home and everyone gets it one way or another.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:27 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm That is disgusting and not normal at all. What is wrong with your kid that they dont understand not to put shit in their mouth?
My kid isn't putting shit in their mouth. Google is your friend use it. If you don't have anything constructive to give. GTFO of my post.
LMAO, you can't control someone replying in your post.
But 3 is right, its nasty. No one in our family has ever had pinworms. I dont think having as many pinworm or lice episodes that your family has had is normal at all.

How does someone get pinworms?
Pinworms are spread when an infected person, most often a child, has scratched his/her bare anal area and the eggs get under his/her fingernails. Pinworms can then be spread in the following ways:

By an infected child not washing hands after using the bathroom. If the child then touches playmates or toys, he/she may pass on the eggs.
Pinworm eggs can also be transferred to the fingers from clothing or bedding, and then spread around the home.
Eggs may be inhaled from the air or deposited onto food and swallowed.
Pinworms can survive up to two weeks on clothing, bedding or other objects, if kept at room temperature
Locked Previous topicNext topic