Why is it such s thing when a woman..

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:32 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:04 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 am

I couldn't ever go along like that. I'd hate looking down and seeing that, and I imagine that's pretty uncomfortable.
How would it be uncomfortable? It’s hair not needles it doesn’t feel like anything
Smooth legs touching each other feels much different than fur covered. That would drag against your sheets in bed when you moved, rub against your clothes when you're dressed and get caught in the weave of the material.
If having natural hair on your legs caused that much discomfort than I would expect most men to shave their legs as well. But they do not. Some male athletes do for competition - but that's about it.

I have no problem with any male or females choice about their own body hair. It is so inconsequential. And most of those photos from earlier in the thread look heavily photoshopped to me. Whoever created and/or posted them is just trying to provoke.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:07 am
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:47 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:17 am

OP is probably hairier than her husband, lol
So gross!
I don’t understand why body hair is gross on a woman and not a man why should women be hairless if they don’t want to be?

Women can be hairy if they want to be. No one ever said you can't. I don't think I've seen anyone berate you for not shaving on this thread. We're just sharing our thoughts as to why it's common to shave and our preferences.

I'm not sleeping with you and I don't have to touch your legs and arm pits, so I really have no opinion on your personal grooming or lack thereof.

Body hair is a sign of manliness to most, thus the sight of hair isn't foreign on a man. It's a sign of being feminine to be soft and smooth. It's the norm of what we expect to see. I'm more comfortable soft and smooth so that's where I remain. I like it when someone touches my legs and says "oooh your skin is so smooth". There's even too much hair on men. Robin Williams, rest his soul, looked like he was wearing a sweater. That's way too much hair, even for a man.

It's possibly to do with as we've evolved we no longer need a thick coating of hair for protection, so it looks foreign to our brains. We're not living in caves and chasing buffalo for food anymore.

Also, it's a sanitary thing. Excess hair traps dirt and odors. It doesn't get as clean as washing smooth skin. Deodorant gets stuck in armpit hair and you can never really clean that as well as washing smooth underarms. That's probably what triggers in a lot of our minds when we see those pictures of the very thick leg hair - what's getting trapped in there?

You can't moisturize your skin properly either because a lot of the moisturizer is getting sucked up by the first layer it hits, which is the hair. It can't penetrate.

Don't even get me started on periods and not keeping that area neat and easy to clean well. That's a big shudder.

I think the same thing when I see the young guys sporting those huge, thick beards that are in now. I love facial hair on men, but neatly trimmed. I see all of that and just picture itchy, flaky skin and that it smells like wherever they were that day. Then I wonder how many crumbs from lunch are trapped in there. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am

How would it be uncomfortable? It’s hair not needles it doesn’t feel like anything
Smooth legs touching each other feels much different than fur covered. That would drag against your sheets in bed when you moved, rub against your clothes when you're dressed and get caught in the weave of the material.
If having natural hair on your legs caused that much discomfort than I would expect most men to shave their legs as well. But they do not. Some male athletes do for competition - but that's about it.

I have no problem with any male or females choice about their own body hair. It is so inconsequential. And most of those photos from earlier in the thread look heavily photoshopped to me. Whoever created and/or posted them is just trying to provoke.
That's exactly what I've been saying. Groom. Don't groom. I'm not sleeping with these people so it's immaterial to me if they're hairy or not. She keeps asking why women shave, so that's what I've been answering. Why. From my perspective. I don't have to get close enough to touch her or smell her, so she can be a yeti if she likes!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 am

I couldn't ever go along like that. I'd hate looking down and seeing that, and I imagine that's pretty uncomfortable.
I definitely don’t notice that. I can’t remember the last time I had smooth legs. And I guess that depends on how long the hair is if it bothers you shave, if it doesn’t don’t
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Located one of the hairy leg pics. Wonder how these are selling? LOL

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2013/0 ... -stockings
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 am

I definitely don’t notice that. I can’t remember the last time I had smooth legs. And I guess that depends on how long the hair is if it bothers you shave, if it doesn’t don’t
And I do. You continually keep asking why why why. I'm telling you why! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am

That's exactly what I've been saying. Groom. Don't groom. I'm not sleeping with these people so it's immaterial to me if they're hairy or not. She keeps asking why women shave, so that's what I've been answering. Why. From my perspective. I don't have to get close enough to touch her or smell her, so she can be a yeti if she likes!
Totally agree it should be a personal decision and not for others to judge. In the US most women did not even contemplate shaving their armpits until the 1920's sleeveless flapper fashions. And removing leg hair came even later, around the 1940's when hemlines rose and sheer stockings came along.

There is no right or wrong - it is an arbitrary fashion of the times. In the 15th century women shaved their eyebrows and foreheads to achieve an angelic look considered beautiful at the time and worn by royalty.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 am

And I do. You continually keep asking why why why. I'm telling you why! LOL
I wasn’t asking why you shave . I was asking why it’s such a thing or judgement when a woman doesn’t. And I guess because it’s seen as masculine 🙄
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Im not trying to provoke anyone by posting those pics. I was just curious if there were a lot of women that didnt shave their legs.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I don't care but know I will not go to the beach/pool etc if you don't shave your legs or arm pits and if you wear things that show your pits and don't shave I am not going in public with you at all. If you are hairy enough to be mistaken for a man then we are not going to be friends.

I don't care about make up wear it or don't no biggie.

Oversized t-shirts as long as you look put together in public I don't really care.
Locked Previous topicNext topic