The Impossible Whopper

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But did it taste like the whopper? Was the texture extremely different than the meat patty version?
Maggie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:51 am I tried it yesterday. If you’re eating it because you’re a vegetarian it’s a great option because it is probably one of the better tasting veggie burgers. It had that glammed broiled flavor. But... I wouldn’t get it for the healthy option because it’s not much better than the normal whopper.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:54 am
bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:07 am You couldn't pay me to eat it. If you don't eat meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?
LOL! Yep.

And more than likely cooked on the same grill with actual meat...

Overpriced crap in my opinion.
That's why it tastes like meat. Haha I don't really care for Burger King anyway. There fries have always tasted fishy to me. I'll just stick with eating actual burgers cooked on my grill.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:21 am
bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:07 am You couldn't pay me to eat it. If you don't eat meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?
Some people need things like this because they have an allergy. My husband can't eat red meat, he was bit by the Lonestar tick a few years ago and developed an allergy to all red meat. He wants to try this one (not from BK) he has tried the Beyond brand and likes it.
I forgot about that. Honestly that sounds like the most torturous allergy ever. Hopefully they'll figure out how to reverse that one because I think I would starve to death if I ended up with that. Your husband has my sympathy.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 am
I've never understood that. I think the substitutes are to ease the meat eaters into a vegetarian lifestyle. As for me, give me a grilled Portobello sandwich instead if I want vegetarian.
I don't eat fungus so I'm definitely going to keep eating meat. LOL
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 am Because you don’t want to kill animals? Seems pretty self explanatory.
I'm completely ok with the circle of life and how the food chain works.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The meat substitute comes from fermented and highly processed soy which is not all that good for you. Beyond meat, or meat substitutes are getting much attention in the news lately.

Some common ingredients in meat patty substitutes include refined coconut oil, methylcellulose, maltodextrin, sodium (and lots of it), processed vegetable glycerin, modified food starch, complex polysaccharide, annatto extract and a few others.

I personally prefer the real thing, but not that I eat many burgers at all actually.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Obviously. I was answering your question.
bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:43 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 am Because you don’t want to kill animals? Seems pretty self explanatory.
I'm completely ok with the circle of life and how the food chain works.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wish they were using Beyond Burgers, which are soy-free.
Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:44 am The meat substitute comes from fermented and highly processed soy which is not all that good for you. Beyond meat, or meat substitutes are getting much attention in the news lately.

Some common ingredients in meat patty substitutes include refined coconut oil, methylcellulose, maltodextrin, sodium (and lots of it), processed vegetable glycerin, modified food starch, complex polysaccharide, annatto extract and a few others.

I personally prefer the real thing, but not that I eat many burgers at all actually.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am
OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:21 am
Some people need things like this because they have an allergy. My husband can't eat red meat, he was bit by the Lonestar tick a few years ago and developed an allergy to all red meat. He wants to try this one (not from BK) he has tried the Beyond brand and likes it.
I forgot about that. Honestly that sounds like the most torturous allergy ever. Hopefully they'll figure out how to reverse that one because I think I would starve to death if I ended up with that. Your husband has my sympathy.
It's been 6 or 7 years now. The first year was hard for all of us. Every once in a while I'll make a pot roast for her and the girls and make really good veggies and sides for him. But i try not to... It makes me feel bad. I miss it though.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My cousin can't tolerate beef anymore for some reason (she's got a lot of health issues that the doctors can't figure out) so she eats veggie burgers .
Locked Previous topicNext topic