What Happens During The Summer Months?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What happens during the summer months that people lose the ability to drive? It was the first day of school today and I dropped my kids off at school. The parent drop off was horrendous! It was like people forgot how to drive. People didn't know how to merge, kept cutting others off. Some parents would stop in the drop off line, get out and walk their kids in to the school. There are parking spaces! No doubt pick up will be just as chaotic. Why does this have to happen every school year?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is the norm though out the school year at the boys school. We had one Mom last year who would park in the driving lane and walk to the door to wait for her kid then would get pissed when security asked her to move.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Those were the parents that drop off once a year, they dont care that they are messing up the works.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am This is the norm though out the school year at the boys school. We had one Mom last year who would park in the driving lane and walk to the door to wait for her kid then would get pissed when security asked her to move.
I don't get it. How hard is it to just park? Just park your vehicle and walk. Last school year we had two ladies block each other, and both of them just sat there honking and shouting at one another. I feel sorry for the kids with parents like that. That's got to be embarrassing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:59 am Those were the parents that drop off once a year, they dont care that they are messing up the works.
Its so stupid. It doesn't take much to park your vehicle in a parking spot.
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s the parents of the kindergarteners. They don’t know the routine yet. They’ll get the hang of it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The crossing guards and cops at our schools have all the parents on a tight lease. The cops hand out tickets left and right around and if you get one then you are on their radar, hahaha
This one nutty mom last year got a ticket at least 2 to 3 times a week, her car was even towed one day when she was helping out in her kids classroom because she didn't pay a few of the tickets on time. The rest of us are placing bets on how many tickets she will get the first week of school, hahaha
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am This is the norm though out the school year at the boys school. We had one Mom last year who would park in the driving lane and walk to the door to wait for her kid then would get pissed when security asked her to move.
SAME. Ours never gets better.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How well does your school advertise how the drop-off / pick-up is supposed to work? Because parents can't be expected to know if they are not informed.

The Jr High that my youngest is at had the problem of people not pulling up all the way. So they changed where the kids go in to try to fix that problem. But they only gave it one day and I didn't see any sort of announcements about how it's supposed to work. I know how because my oldest was just there the past two years. But all the new 7th grade families who have never been at this school before wouldn't just know. I saw no emails, no robo calls, no nothing about it. It's like they didn't even try to inform parents.

At the school my kids used to go to in MN, they sent out emails, they sent flyers home AND they even made a video and posted it showing exactly how it's supposed to work. They sent the video link to all the parents. And you know what? I've never seen a school drop off go more smoothly. They went the extra mile to illustrate and advertise how it's supposed to work and they got the results for their effort.

No effort on the school's part and you are going to have chaos.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Donnie wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 am That’s the parents of the kindergarteners. They don’t know the routine yet. They’ll get the hang of it.
These were not kinder parents, at least a couple of them were not. I recognize them from the last few years. They know exactly what pick up and drop offs are supposed to be like.
Locked Previous topicNext topic