Were you ‘absolutely gutted’ because you didn’t get to see your placenta?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

That’d be you. Smooch.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:11 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:59 am So you’re too stupid. Got it.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am I’m sorry if you took offense.
At least she's not a dumbass name calling p**sy face bitch. :)
Anonymous 7

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:19 pm

I think she just took offense by my opinion that there was a disconnect at play, so she won’t feel ok until she feels like she’s offended me as much as I offended her.

I’ve apologized for offending her, but if she won’t leave it be after that, there’s just nothing that will satisfy her.

Her anger might be amplified by something that none of us know about...

Don't be disingenuous. You're an intelligent adult. You know your comment was insulting.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

That was uncalled for. Inappropriate.

And you know she could be right. There are some people who are uncomfortable with their bodily functions (disconnected, unconnected, uninformed) and prefer to ignore something like a placenta. It’s too bad but it’s probably the way they were raised. Anti science? Anyway....
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am I’m sorry if you took offense.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 pm Don’t backpedal. Saying someone is disconnected absolutely has a negative connotation. You were intentionally trying to insult. Unless you’re too stupid to understand that?

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:26 pm

I think she just took offense by my opinion that there was a disconnect at play, so she won’t feel ok until she feels like she’s offended me as much as I offended her.

I’ve apologized for offending her, but if she won’t leave it be after that, there’s just nothing that will satisfy her.

Don't be disingenuous. You're an intelligent adult. You know your comment was as insulting as you meant it to be.
It actually wasn’t meant to be insulting... I do think it’s indicative of a disconnect, but I did not mean for people to become so offended by my opinion.

As I said before, to me it’s equatable to how people who eat meat are grossed out when they see the entire animal being processed.

Do people get offended when they watch TED talks going over the psychological reasons behind that kind of a disconnect, or is it because this is about something that comes out of their own body so they take it personal- even though the ones who are offended are saying what comes from their body is gross, and I am saying it is not...?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Don't be disingenuous. You're an intelligent adult. You know your comment was as insulting as you meant it to be.
It actually wasn’t meant to be insulting... I do think it’s indicative of a disconnect, but I did not mean for people to become so offended by my opinion.

As I said before, to me it’s equatable to how people who eat meat are grossed out when they see the entire animal being processed.

Do people get offended when they watch TED talks going over the psychological reasons behind that kind of a disconnect, or is it because this is about something that comes out of their own body so they take it personal- even though the ones who are offended are saying what comes from their body is gross, and I am saying it is not...?

It's not a disconnect. I know where my meat comes from. I've field dressed a few deer. That doesn't mean I feel the need to see the insides of a meat packing plant before I eat meat. I wasn't interested in examining the liquid after my water broke either. That doesn't equate disconnection the birth process.

Not all of us were interested in seeing rhe placenta. It doesn't have some magical meaning to every woman. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with us or we're disconnected from our bodies. Don't read something into it that's not there.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:50 pm

It's not a disconnect. I know where my meat comes from. I've field dressed a few deer. That doesn't mean I feel the need to see the insides of a meat packing plant before I eat meat. I wasn't interested in examining the liquid after my water broke either. That doesn't equate disconnection the birth process.

Not all of us were interested in seeing rhe placenta. It doesn't have some magical meaning to every woman. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with us or we're disconnected from our bodies. Don't read something into it that's not there.
I was not talking about feeling a need to see it or do something with it... I am talking about feeling so disgusted by it that you would feel like throwing up if you did see it...

It’s my own opinion that the feeling of disgust is indicative of a disconnect. No one has to agree with me...
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:19 pm That’d be you. Smooch.

Not me sourpuss, you are the one name calling in the post. I didnt call you anything, I said RR "wasnt" a dumbass name calling p**sy face bitch.
But only a guilty uneducated classless person would Assume that my reply was directed at them, like you did, lol
Anonymous 7

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:57 pm

I was not talking about feeling a need to see it or do something with it... I am talking about feeling so disgusted by it that you would feel like throwing up if you did see it...

It’s my own opinion that the feeling of disgust is indicative of a disconnect. No one has to agree with me...

I'll leave you to enjoy your self-righteousness.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:00 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:57 pm

I'll leave you to enjoy your self-righteousness.
Lol ok.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

She's not very smart in the first place and she took the bait, I knew she would, lol
I actually didnt call anyone a name in the post like she has several times. I simply said You werent a dumbass name calling pf bitch. She assumed that I was calling her that and reacted.
She's probably one of your haters from N&P but cant use anon over there like she can here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic