Weekend of violence in Chicago leaves 2 dead, dozens injured

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dozens of people have been injured and two have been killed in Chicago, Ill., in 33 separate incidents over the weekend where shots were fired, according to police.

At least 40 people have been wounded in the gunfire since early Saturday morning, according to police reports obtained by Fox News.

On Saturday around 3:15 a.m. a 19-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in Humboldt Park, which is on the west side of Chicago, with a group of men when shots were fired, according to police. They said the teen was shot in the armpit and transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Also in Humboldt Park, about 15 hours later, police said a 47-year-old man was in a vehicle when “an unknown offender” approached the victim and fired shots.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/weekend-of-v ... police-say
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hmm. Wonder why this wasn’t more prominent news 🤔
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wonder what caused a reduction in shootings over the last few years.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/data/ct- ... story.html
306/232

KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am I wonder what caused a reduction in shootings over the last few years.

It wasn’t a gun ban
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am I wonder what caused a reduction in shootings over the last few years.

It wasn’t a gun ban
Yeah, I don't think that's it, but it seems there is some correlation somewhere.
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe you should read or watch a bit more news. I’m not even in the U.S and it was in the news...
KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 am Hmm. Wonder why this wasn’t more prominent news 🤔
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 am

It wasn’t a gun ban
Yeah, I don't think that's it, but it seems there is some correlation somewhere.
Didn’t they remove their police commissioner or chief? Now enforcement is up. Enforcement of laws. I read (somewhere) that something like 17% is the increase year over year of confiscating guns from criminals.

If we draw comparisons to Baltimore where the police force felt unsupported and went idle for awhile - crime spiked.

My conclusion would be enforcement works.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:06 pm Maybe you should read or watch a bit more news. I’m not even in the U.S and it was in the news...
KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 am Hmm. Wonder why this wasn’t more prominent news 🤔
Maybe.
But the 2020 candidates didn’t mention it so it didn’t make the headlines I saw. Their focus was on hating President Trump and the media was focused on reporting every word they said.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:49 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 am

It wasn’t a gun ban
Didn’t they remove their police commissioner or chief? Now enforcement is up. Enforcement of laws. I read (somewhere) that something like 17% is the increase year over year of confiscating guns from criminals.

If we draw comparisons to Baltimore where the police force felt unsupported and went idle for awhile - crime spiked.

My conclusion would be enforcement works.
That sounds similar to what I said about those who get caught with weapons they can't legally possess.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic