This is going to be a clusterfuck

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Usually the schools here would post the class lists on the windows about a week before school started.

Now they changed that this year for privacy reasons. Which I understand.

First they said you will find out who your child's teacher is at Open House. Which one, that would create a madhouse trying to figure it out so you know who's classroom to go to, and two, what about the parents who can't make it? Open House is the night before school starts.

Then, they said they'd do a "drive thru" where you go between X and X time on 2 different days, and they come out and hand you the list. Which again, would be a clusterfuck and super busy. And again, some parents work during those times and wouldn't be able to make it. I think the latest time you could go was 4 and many parents aren't home from work yet at that time.

Now they said they are working on another solution.

They could email them, but I don't know that everyone has an email on file, plus you know how email is, sometimes you don't get what you should for whatever reason.

I think maybe they could hand them out to parents who come to the office and ask. The school is open for a week before it starts. Then maybe it wouldn't be so crazy.

What does your school do? We don't have any type of parent portal for our schools so it couldn't be posted there.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I mean, really, you’re going to have to wait in a line...
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm Usually the schools here would post the class lists on the windows about a week before school started.

First they said you will find out who your child's teacher is at Open House. Which one, that would create a madhouse trying to figure it out so you know who's classroom to go to, and two, what about the parents who can't make it? Open House is the night before school starts.

Then, they said they'd do a "drive thru" where you go between X and X time on 2 different days, and they come out and hand you the list. Which again, would be a clusterfuck and super busy. And again, some parents work during those times and wouldn't be able to make it. I think the latest time you could go was 4 and many parents aren't home from work yet at that time.

They could email them, but I don't know that everyone has an email on file, plus you know how email is, sometimes you don't get what you should for whatever reason.

I think maybe they could hand them out to parents who come to the office and ask. The school is open for a week before it starts. Then maybe it wouldn't be so crazy.

What does your school do? We don't have any type of parent portal for our schools so it couldn't be posted there.
Delete away. Bwahahaha.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm Usually the schools here would post the class lists on the windows about a week before school started.

Annnndddd the bitching begins.......
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Our elementary school always posted the class lists on the windows. They would just put the child first name and last initial for privacy/safety reasons and then if a parent needed better clarification they could contact the school. This always seemed to work well.

The middle school sends out a post card sometime in August with the student's homeroom teacher's name on it so that they know where to go on the first day to get their schedule. Again, this seems to work fine.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why cant they mail it?
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We always had it posted on the windows.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

In elementary, they had the lists posted in hall outside the office during open house, which was usually the day before the first day of school. It was a little crazy, but not that bad.

In middle school, they have a day for students to come get their locker assignments and schedules about a week before school starts. They have different times for each grade level so everyone doesn't come all at once.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

We have always found out teachers at open house. If you cant make it all you have to do is call. You sound very dramatic
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We always got ours the first day of school by the individual teacher
Locked Previous topicNext topic