Pennsylvania school.district tells parents either pay tour child's lunch debt or risk loosi g your children

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm Kids being TAKEN FROM THEIR PARENTS over $50 in chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. What a shitshow of a country
If the parents can’t afford to feed their children they should be taken.
Common decency aside, (since you e already demonstrated a distinct lack), think about that for a second from a taxpayer cost perspective. How much does a kid in foster care cost vs school lunch?

Besides, these aren’t the poorest kids. Those kids get free lunch. These are the kids whose parents work and make enough to not qualify.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Maybe check your online account profile. Maybe the notification for "low balance" isn't checked off? If it was and you were supposed to be notified, this might annoy me.

"Mom, can I start getting snacks again?"....lol
12skipafew wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:16 pm Weird, I’m in PA and I’ve let my son’s lunch card go negative because I forgot about it. I put $100 on at the beginning of the year and forgot about checking the balance. I never even got a phone call. The only reason I knew about the negative balance was because ods asked if he could start getting snacks again lol
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My brother works for CYS in PA, they don’t take children away for that. They give them resources to food pantry’s, WIC, churches, help them apply for food stamps, and help them get farmers market checks for fresh produce.

They definitely wouldn’t take children away for not paying for a school lunch.
Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 pm A shame. Not providing food for your children should be an automatic CPS/foster situation. What pieces of shit.
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:14 pm They were also told that they cannot threaten foster care for this by the authorities so it went nowhere.
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I used the website when I deposited money the first time but apparently there is a separate lunch app that the school uses. I must have missed that one while I was downloading the other 5 apps for various school things lol
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:21 pm Maybe check your online account profile. Maybe the notification for "low balance" isn't checked off? If it was and you were supposed to be notified, this might annoy me.

12skipafew wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:16 pm Weird, I’m in PA and I’ve let my son’s lunch card go negative because I forgot about it. I put $100 on at the beginning of the year and forgot about checking the balance. I never even got a phone call. The only reason I knew about the negative balance was because ods asked if he could start getting snacks again lol
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Well, I've definitely been there! Too much going on at the same time! :lol:
12skipafew wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:25 pm I used the website when I deposited money the first time but apparently there is a separate lunch app that the school uses. I must have missed that one while I was downloading the other 5 apps for various school things lol
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:21 pm Maybe check your online account profile. Maybe the notification for "low balance" isn't checked off? If it was and you were supposed to be notified, this might annoy me.

Anonymous 9

Unread post

They should. But instead, they give those people more and more of my tax dollars.
12skipafew wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 pm My brother works for CYS in PA, they don’t take children away for that. They give them resources to food pantry’s, WIC, churches, help them apply for food stamps, and help them get farmers market checks for fresh produce.

They definitely wouldn’t take children away for not paying for a school lunch.
Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 pm A shame. Not providing food for your children should be an automatic CPS/foster situation. What pieces of shit.
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:14 pm They were also told that they cannot threaten foster care for this by the authorities so it went nowhere.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pa has turned into a crap state unless you're in philly or the burg.
i want candy!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:25 pm I used the website when I deposited money the first time but apparently there is a separate lunch app that the school uses. I must have missed that one while I was downloading the other 5 apps for various school things lol

I'm so glad my district hasn't caught on yet. They use skyward and that's it.
i want candy!
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ours went a little app happy. I’m hoping they scale it down to one or two apps someday because it was ridiculous last year.
madfoodie wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:18 am

I'm so glad my district hasn't caught on yet. They use skyward and that's it.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 8

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:19 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm Kids being TAKEN FROM THEIR PARENTS over $50 in chicken nuggets and chocolate milk. What a shitshow of a country
If the parents can’t afford to feed their children they should be taken.
Common decency aside, (since you e already demonstrated a distinct lack), think about that for a second from a taxpayer cost perspective. How much does a kid in foster care cost vs school lunch?

Besides, these aren’t the poorest kids. Those kids get free lunch. These are the kids whose parents work and make enough to not qualify.
Where did I say that children should be taken for having a negative lunch balance? That’s right, I didn’t. I made a very general statement that children should be removed if their parents can’t afford to feed them. Food isn’t a luxury - it’s a very basic need. If parents cannot meet that need, the children should be removed so that they can actually eat. Where is your compassion for the children?
Locked Previous topicNext topic