A teacher friend of mine wants to post this in her classroom.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:57 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:33 pm LOL, she seems a bit burned out, no?
Ikr?
I mean maybe crying doesn't solve my problems. But after having one and a plate of brownies I'm ready to solve them. Also if you cry people know somethings wrong and they'll help you. Now if she said whining doesn't solve anything... But all in all this comes across as angry.
Different strokes, different folks. I can't remember the last time I cried. I mean we are talking 5+ years ago that I actually cried about something. So it's hard for me to understand someone's need to cry on a regular basis. I know people are like that, my DH is one, and I just accept that some people are that way. But I still don't understand it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:01 pm It's sort of divisive. I don't see any advantage to posting it.

A better choice would be for her to clearly communicate her expectations, have super-consistent reactions and consequences, to treat each individual fairly, and to be an excellent model of the desired behaviors.
And she does do those things. She has other teachers asking her how she keeps such good control of her classroom and she says the things you posted above. Lay down the rules from the beginning and don't let them get away with it. She is fair but she will not let her students walk all over her.

Like I said, I think her desire to post that sign is more in jest than anything.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Only a shitty teacher would do that.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

10-12 y/o i say yes. Younger I'd say no.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

For high school it would be perfect.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:57 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:33 pm LOL, she seems a bit burned out, no?
Ikr?
I mean maybe crying doesn't solve my problems. But after having one and a plate of brownies I'm ready to solve them. Also if you cry people know somethings wrong and they'll help you. Now if she said whining doesn't solve anything... But all in all this comes across as angry.
Different strokes, different folks. I can't remember the last time I cried. I mean we are talking 5+ years ago that I actually cried about something. So it's hard for me to understand someone's need to cry on a regular basis. I know people are like that, my DH is one, and I just accept that some people are that way. But I still don't understand it.
I don't cry on a regular basis either. But I have done so. Usually alone. And after that I feel more ready to handle what's going on.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It won't accomplish anything other than making her seem bitter and disgruntled. I don't disagree with the statements but those are things you have to learn the hard way. Just saying or reading them have almost no effect.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

How about:

Work Hard
and
Be Nice

instead.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

what grade & how long has she been teaching?
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What age does she teach? That makes a big difference
Locked Previous topicNext topic