Is hating to cook, bake, clean a character flaw?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, not at all.
A character flaw would be to use that as an excuse to feed your children junk food and processed crap all the time or to have a filthy home.
But if you manage to have those things done, either grudgingly by you or you have the chance to pay someone to do it for you, then that’s OK.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

those things specifically -- no.

When I think of character flaws, I think more general. If one were to approach all activities in your life, work, housework, hobbies, relationships, parenting, etc. with laziness or in idle fashion, then yes, it's a character flaw.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hating it isn’t a character flaw, refusing to do it is when it becomes a problem.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:35 am If you don’t clean your house you get your children taken away by CPS until you do...
LOL. I rarely clean my house and in fact last week was the first time in years I actually had to clean anything that required more than a swiffer, disinfecting wipe, or a vacuum. My housekeeper was away and my normal backup wasn’t available. I’m fairly certain CPS does not care that I personally don’t clean my home.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:35 am If you don’t clean your house you get your children taken away by CPS until you do...
Or you hire someone else to clean it for you
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 am Hating it? No. Not doing it? Yes. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to because that's life.
As long as everyone is fed why does it matter who is cooking the meals?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you hate to cook or clean whatever I don't care. But from what I've seen if you allow your home to become filthy you need help. If your home is beyond the usual disorganized, you're capable of cleaning, you can afford a housekeeper, and you hire no one to help yes something is wrong and it needs to be addressed. I wouldn't say a character flaw. I would say you might have a mental problem though.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As long as your kids don't suffer for it. You can hire people to do all those things or get takeaway.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 am Hating it? No. Not doing it? Yes. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to because that's life.
As long as everyone is fed why does it matter who is cooking the meals?
I think you can outsource many things, and believe me I do 😂, but if you’re feeding your kids nothing but fast food and frozen dinners that’s the functional dietary equivalent of living in a roach infested trailer. If they’re getting a healthy, well-balanced diet than I agree it doesn’t matter who is cooking.
Locked Previous topicNext topic