BM is saying the kids can not go see the lion king movie

Anonymous 1

Unread post

She says that her oldest was traumatized by the first lion king movie and she doesnt want her younger kids to see it. She hasnt seen it herself but thinks it will be just as sad as the first one. She doesnt want to deal with crying kids.

DH told her that she sounded crazy. Then she sent him an article agreeing with her and other groups of people against children seeing the movie

DH and I are still taking the kids tonight to see the movie. DH usually doesnt go against what BM wants but he feels she is being utterly ridiculous

Has anyone see it with their kids? Were they traumatized?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Stop telling BM every little move you make.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:38 pm She says that her oldest was traumatized by the first lion king movie and she doesnt want her younger kids to see it. She hasnt seen it herself but thinks it will be just as sad as the first one. She doesnt want to deal with crying kids.

DH told her that she sounded crazy. Then she sent him an article agreeing with her and other groups of people against children seeing the movie

DH and I are still taking the kids tonight to see the movie. DH usually doesnt go against what BM wants but he feels she is being utterly ridiculous

Has anyone see it with their kids? Were they traumatized?
That unhappy Bitch, smh
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:42 pm Stop telling BM every little move you make.
The kids told her because they were excited
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow, BM isn't happy! How rare!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't know if my kids have seen the original The Lion King. We haven't seen the new one yet. I think at this age they would think it sad but wouldn't be traumatized by it.

When younger DS was 8 we went and saw Inside Out in the theatres and he was scared by it. The parts when her "worlds" were crumbling is what got to him. But it didn't traumatize him. There is a lot of area between "scared" and "traumatized". I'm guessing BM is being overly dramatic about the whole thing.

But your DH gets final say. His kids, his time, his say.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If this is something she does all the time, you do what you want.

If this is a onetime or rare request, you should honor it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

What are the ages of the children?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:57 pm What are the ages of the children?
6 and 7
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:55 pm If this is something she does all the time, you do what you want.

If this is a onetime or rare request, you should honor it.
This is pretty rare but we are still going to go. The kids are really excited about it and they have been wanting to go for months
Locked Previous topicNext topic