Crowd chants 'Send her back' when Trump mentions Rep. Omar at rally

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Last night Trump was in an area that has a population of about 40% black people and 60% white people. The rally was 100% white. It’s easy enough to look at the pictures. You’re on line. And post some pictures of a Trump rally where there is an audience that has more than a handful of token black people behind him.
I don’t care about last nights rally. The statement wasn’t a Trumps rallies are 100% white. They are not. Last nights rally is not all of Trumps rallies and even if it was only whites at last nights rally that does not make Trumps rallies 100%white.
You're a very literal person, aren't you. Would 99% make you feel better? I do remember seeing "Michael the Black Man" in videos of Trump's rallies. I do remember the black protestor who was sucker punched at one of Trump's rallies. And I do remember a black reporter who was trashed at one of Trump's rallies so you're right - the participants are not 100% white.
I did explain to her than when Trump’s workers find a minority milling about they drag them up to sit in the camera’s view. Still not enough to change anything statistically.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:15 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:26 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm

That’s not true at all. It’s lies like this that has made me #walkaway
It’s not an opinion. It’s fact. Look at the pictures, watch the videos of yesterday’s rally. It’s kind of silly to call something a lie when the verification is right there.
I was at a Trump rally last time he was in town. They are not 100% white. Neither are those who support him. Many I know would support a democrat if they weren't so far out in left field. Their words not mine. And those same people are saying they will not vote at all or not democrat in 2020.
Where was that. Because when I just looked the pictures online and there are pictures of every rally online, they are all white with the exception of 1 or 2 random black people or maybe a handful of black people together.

I mean who are you trying to convince? Trump won the presidency with the least amount of votes from blacks and Hispanics in over 40 years. Trump won with the electorate votes of working class white Americans in the Midwest and the south.

Let’s remember our facts.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:26 pm

It’s not an opinion. It’s fact. Look at the pictures, watch the videos of yesterday’s rally. It’s kind of silly to call something a lie when the verification is right there.
I was at a Trump rally last time he was in town. They are not 100% white. Neither are those who support him. Many I know would support a democrat if they weren't so far out in left field. Their words not mine. And those same people are saying they will not vote at all or not democrat in 2020.
Where was that. Because when I just looked the pictures online and there are pictures of every rally online, they are all white with the exception of 1 or 2 random black people or maybe a handful of black people together.

I mean who are you trying to convince? Trump won the presidency with the least amount of votes from blacks and Hispanics in over 40 years. Trump won with the electorate votes of working class white Americans in the Midwest and the south.

This is here in NM, which is a predominantly Democrat state and always goes democrat in the major elections.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:39 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm

This is here in NM, which is a predominantly Democrat state and always goes democrat in the major elections.
Was that the New Mexico rally where there were hundreds of protesters? Is that why you might have seen nonwhite people there? And the protesters thrown out while Trump hurled insults at them? Look at the videos from that rally.

Hillary did win New Mexico.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@BernieSanders
Following Following @BernieSanders
More
I was at dinner with Rep. Omar when we heard that people at Trump’s rally were chanting “send her back."

Ilhan is a leader with courage. She won’t back down, and neither will we.

Split a contribution between Ilhan’s campaign and our campaign today:
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:25 pm Trump now saying he didn't like the chanting and tried to stop it by speaking quickly which is complete and utter bullshit but I'm curious how/if this will change the conversation among his supporters.
How does he always get away with everything?
You know this is what the Trump fans were hoping for: another lie to save Trump’s skin!
They’ll be able to continue their blind loyalty to him.
They’ll eat it up.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm
msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:25 pm Trump now saying he didn't like the chanting and tried to stop it by speaking quickly which is complete and utter bullshit but I'm curious how/if this will change the conversation among his supporters.
You know this is what the Trump fans were hoping for: another lie to save Trump’s skin!
They’ll eat it up.
My personal opinion is that Trump, in the light of day, was told that the crowd went too far. It's one thing for Trump to say that women of color should go back to their home countries but it's quite another for a crowd to say they should be forcibly removed. The audience crossed a line. Of course it took about 15 hours for Trump to be briefed on how to react for him to denounce and even then it was a really weak argument. I mean, poor guy! He has to walk the line between keeping his base and yet denouncing hate. Must suck for him.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:32 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm
They’ll eat it up.
My personal opinion is that Trump, in the light of day, was told that the crowd went too far. It's one thing for Trump to say that women of color should go back to their home countries but it's quite another for a crowd to say they should be forcibly removed. The audience crossed a line. Of course it took about 15 hours for Trump to be briefed on how to react for him to denounce and even then it was a really weak argument. I mean, poor guy! He has to walk the line between keeping his base and yet denouncing hate. Must suck for him.
Well remember in 2016 when he was campaigning, he had the crowds screaming “ lock her up” every time.
( Hillary- he was threatened by her popularity...)
I guess nobody told him to dial it down back then.
He and his fans would love to send “the Squad” somewhere else, I’m sure.
Millions of lowbrow scuzzy people. They love Trump.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:17 pm
Linaluo wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 pm
msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:44 pm

I was always told if I didn't like what was going on in the US, I should vote or run for politics. I haven't read anything that these four have said that indicates that they hate the US. My impression is that they want to make the US better. You night disagree with their politics and the progressive agenda but those of us who are progressive, do feel that the agenda will make the US better.

All politicians run on changing the status quo - some have more extensive platforms than others. Aren't we going through yet another campaign cycle with Trump campaigning on "Make America Great Again"? Do you think he doesn't think the US is already great and should just leave?
Its funny because when Obama was in office many of the libs on here told us to move. LMFAO Yet you want to read more into something that was said. Many can say the same for the precious MO.
I became active on CM during the Trump campaign. I remember many people posting that liberals should just leave, especially during the women's march and soon thereafter. I don't remember anyone telling another person they should "go back where they came from" or even worse "should be sent back". I certainly don't remember Obama telling a member of congress either of those things.
Yes they did. Just as the Liberals so spare me
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:12 am
msb64 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:17 pm
Linaluo wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Its funny because when Obama was in office many of the libs on here told us to move. LMFAO Yet you want to read more into something that was said. Many can say the same for the precious MO.
I became active on CM during the Trump campaign. I remember many people posting that liberals should just leave, especially during the women's march and soon thereafter. I don't remember anyone telling another person they should "go back where they came from" or even worse "should be sent back". I certainly don't remember Obama telling a member of congress either of those things.
Yes they did. Just as the Liberals so spare me
I doubt it.
This is just more conservative blarney.
Locked Previous topicNext topic