Future MIL ruining my wedding!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So my future MIL is trying to take over my wedding. I wanted it to be just a small ceremony at a courthouse no fuss no muss type thing with only immediate family,my Best friend and our DD. DF and I have been together for 10 years and engaged since April.

She convinced FH that we needed over 100 people at the wedding. Dinner,dancing the whole 9 yards...She has told little SIL that she is my maid of honour, she wants to include big SIL (who we don’t have a relationship with but recently reconnected) to be in the wedding.

She forced me to go dress shopping and I could only try on stuff that she liked. She even went as far as to buy me an extremely stained dress from a thrift store because she could see me getting married in it.

The wedding is next summer.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:53 pm So my future MIL is trying to take over my wedding. I wanted it to be just a small ceremony at a courthouse no fuss no muss type thing with only immediate family,my Best friend and our DD. DF and I have been together for 10 years and engaged since April.

She convinced FH that we needed over 100 people at the wedding. Dinner,dancing the whole 9 yards...She has told little SIL that she is my maid of honour, she wants to include big SIL (who we don’t have a relationship with but recently reconnected) to be in the wedding.

She forced me to go dress shopping and I could only try on stuff that she liked. She even went as far as to buy me an extremely stained dress from a thrift store because she could see me getting married in it.

The wedding is next summer.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would shut that down so quick. Go elope at the courthouse and plan a simple dinner and invite who you want to invite.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You don't have to do anything. Go to the courthouse next week. Tell her after the fact.
She'll live.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

That is precisely what I would do!

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:03 pm You don't have to do anything. Go to the courthouse next week. Tell her after the fact.
She'll live.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You sound like an idiot. Go to the courthouse it isnt like the wedding is really going to make a difference in your life anyway
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Why are you allowing this to happen?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Have you ever heard of the word NO?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?!?
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm You sound like an idiot. Go to the courthouse it isnt like the wedding is really going to make a difference in your life anyway
Anonymous 8

Unread post

You’ve been with him for 10 years and have a kid. Go get married at the courthouse and stop her nonsense, that ship has sailed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic