How would you feel if your DH did this?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was in the hospital on Wednesday because I literally thought I was having a heart attack or a stroke or something. I couldn't move my arms hardly, i could barely speak, my face was numb. My work called 911. I was in the hospital for almost three hours, my vital signs were good..I had a massive panic attack they said. My husband didnt come to the hospital, because he said he couldn't find anyone to watch our DD. My stepdaughter ended up picking me up after I was discharged and brought me home. Which afterwards instead of checking on me he went right to sleep.

I am very upset but he says that I am overreacting because I was fine.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd be very hurt.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Does that happen a lot
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Well do you normally have people that can watch her? If you have no one and allow no one (like so many on here) then I can see why that happened. How old is she? He she have brought her at least to pick you up and drive you home.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We'd be having a come to Jesus meeting mainly because he didn't check on me. My then dh did act unconcerned when last I was in the hospital though. At the time that was normal behavior for him and honestly i hate a fuss anyway. I believe he did come with the children at least one night to visit. I was having thyroid problems and had driven myself to the doctor who was right across from the hospital. He admitted me. I probably also drove home. Dumb thing to do thinking back on it but my car was there. Maybe my dh got it. This was many years ago now and I forget.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah that was pretty cold. Do you have a lot of "panic attacks" or over react a lot? If this is a regular occurrence with you, he may be desensitized to it so it doesn't ruffle him anymore.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband wouldn't. I know for a fact.

Either your husband is completely insensitive or you are always overly dramatic and he is over it.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I see both sides of this...
It is not easy to be in the hospital. It can be quite scary if you don't know what is going on and you want someone you love there with you as support. On the flip side, your child has to come first.
When I had my stroke 3 years ago, my SIL took me to the hospital and my BIL took the kids to their house as DH was out of town. My SIL is the one that took charge and notified my mother, our inlaws, and my BIL called DH and told him to get home asap. He came straight to the hospital from the airport and my mother drove up from FL to take care of the kids. If my mom had not come up, I would have sent him home to the kids since I was stuck in ICU for days being poked and prodded. It's really a double edged sword when you are in that position...you want the love and support of someone, but you also need to know your kids are ok and being cared for at the same time.
You and your husband need to understand the other ones' POV..He needs to understand that you were frightened and needed support at the time, but you also need to understand that he was doing what was necessary- staying with the child at home. That said, I do think he could have packed Lil' Bit up in the car and come to get you rather than your SD coming to get you.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I would be fine with it. Better he stay home with our kids until they determine if there is something serious going on. A panic attack is not a big deal so I can see him being unconcerned when you returned home.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would be really upset but this would not happen with my husband. You have the right to call him out on this and make sure in clear terms how you feel. How old is your DD that he couldn't take her with him?
Locked Previous topicNext topic