I have good neighbors!!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was about to head out to my dad's house this morning for breakfast (It was about 10:30 am) and I went to check if the Hamster had food before the kids and i left. Well this hamster is a jerk if you get to close to him he hisses at you, he won't bite just hiss.

I reached into his cage to grab his bowl, he jumped on my arm and ran before I could catch him. I dive after him and the little jerk runs away under the fridge. Well the kids and I can see his little face sticking out but every time I reach for him he hisses and goes further back.

So I have the fridge tipped at an angle and DS12 is helping me hold it while DD10 is reaching for the hamster. Jerk decided to climb into to coils under the fridge then started freaking out because they were really warm. I start yelling at DD to go get the upstairs neighbor (We live in an apartment) so he can either help hold the fridge or grab the hamster, because I can't do both and the hamster was way in there freaking out.

I guess another neighbor heard me yelling to "GET THE NEIGHBOR" and ran in my apartment. He managed to get the hamster for us.

THANK YOU RANDOM NEIGHBOR (I have only said hello to this neighbor, when I see him never really talked to him before)
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Why is the hamster so nasty ? You need to spend more time with him, that's not normal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Loves2sonshines wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm Why is the hamster so nasty ? You need to spend more time with him, that's not normal.
Because we got him from a rescue. He is old and was found in some randoms garage. Animal control took him in and was going to put him down. There is a hamster rescue in town that watches my other hamsters/guinea pigs when I go out of town. She was out of town when animal control called her to come get him before they put him down, she called me to pick him up and she would get him when she got back in town.

She came back in town and he stayed here (This is why I couldn't run a rescue) He has been nasty since.
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:53 pm
Loves2sonshines wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm Why is the hamster so nasty ? You need to spend more time with him, that's not normal.
Because we got him from a rescue. He is old and was found in some randoms garage. Animal control took him in and was going to put him down. There is a hamster rescue in town that watches my other hamsters/guinea pigs when I go out of town. She was out of town when animal control called her to come get him before they put him down, she called me to pick him up and she would get him when she got back in town.

She came back in town and he stayed here (This is why I couldn't run a rescue) He has been nasty since.
Poor thing.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hamsters hiss?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 pm Hamsters hiss?
Yep, when they are scared. They can hiss.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 pm Hamsters hiss?
Yep, when they are scared. They can hiss.
Yikes!!!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My hamster was the most loving guy for about 2.5 years and then when he got old he turned into a total douchebag. I was honestly relieved when he died because he was so nasty.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't know hamsters could hiss. We had a few when I was a kid and I don't remember them ever hissing.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Nasty rats
Locked Previous topicNext topic