Does church come before your kids?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We are having a party tomorrow and my DD's friend needs a ride so we are picking her up. I asked the mom if her DD needs a ride home as well. At first she said no, she would be home from work by the time the party is over so she could get her and then she texted back a few minutes later and said oh, I am going to church 3-5PM so I won't be able to pick her up. So does church come before your kids' needs?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Never
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Church doesnt even appear on my priority list anywhere and never will.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't see that as an issue of church being put before the child's needs. Mom could just say no to the party because she has to work and then has previous plans. She is putting her schedule before the child's wants. But attending the party is not a need.
To answer you...I have not put my schedule ahead of my children's needs. If I attended a church currently and my kids needed something they would come first.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I do not think that this case is before her kids needs. It is a party and she was just letting you know if you needed her picked up between 3-5 she wouldn't be able too so she either doesn't attend or would need a ride home. A party is not a NEED.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't see it as her putting it over her daughters "needs" at all. First, you offered a ride. Second, it's a party, not a "need".
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, we aren't church goers but you DID offer the child a ride home right? Mom decided to take you up on it. What's the problem then? I'm sure if you didn't offer the ride she'd just come before church or ask if her dd could stay later.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

In my eyes, she NEEDS a ride home. But yes, I can give her another ride so that she can come to the party.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm I do not think that this case is before her kids needs. It is a party and she was just letting you know if you needed her picked up between 3-5 she wouldn't be able too so she either doesn't attend or would need a ride home. A party is not a NEED.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I didn't know when she got off work but I knew we had to pick her up for the party. So that's why I ASKED if she needed a ride home (not knowing when the mom got off work). Then that's when she said no, she would be off by the time the party was over and she would pick her DD up. But then like I said, a few minutes later she texts that she is going to church and asked if I could take her home.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm No, we aren't church goers but you DID offer the child a ride home right? Mom decided to take you up on it. What's the problem then? I'm sure if you didn't offer the ride she'd just come before church or ask if her dd could stay later.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 pm In my eyes, she NEEDS a ride home. But yes, I can give her another ride so that she can come to the party.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm I do not think that this case is before her kids needs. It is a party and she was just letting you know if you needed her picked up between 3-5 she wouldn't be able too so she either doesn't attend or would need a ride home. A party is not a NEED.
But you offered to fulfill that NEED. So mom took you up on it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic