Bruising easily..

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A friend and I were messing around and he grabbed my arms. He didn't do it hard or to try to hurt me in any way.

Well for some reason, My forearms bruise insanely easy. So I have "Fingerprint bruises" on my inner left forearm, from where he grabbed me. It really does look bad. A coworker even asked what happened.

Does anyone else bruise easily? Is there anything I can do to stop bruising so easily? This is a recent thing (Past 2 years since I lost over 100lbs in weight).

Advice?
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No I don't bruise easily at all.
IDK if this is actually a thing but have you had your iron levels checked?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

7byher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 pm No I don't bruise easily at all.
IDK if this is actually a thing but have you had your iron levels checked?
They are low as I can not donate blood anymore. But not super low. They just a tiny bit below the "donate blood" threshold
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If your ferritin (stored iron) is low, the best way to bring it up is to get a big bottle of Solgar's gentle iron and take 2-3 tablets with meals 2-3 times a day. Solgar's gentle iron is in a form (iron bisglycinate) that doesn't cause stomach upset or constipation. I took it for a while when my ferritin levels were low. Until you get your ferritin levels up, your iron levels won't be normal.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I bruise super easy. I have gotten bruises from dh laying his beefy man paw of a hand on my side for a night when we sleep a few times. I found Arnica gel the real 100% stuff from health food stores really helps stop and minamize bruising.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I bruise easily as well. I can sit on the couch and watch a movie and the next day I will have a bruise somewhere. I have a bruise on my arm now and I have no idea how or where I got it. I've tried to use ice, heat and compression to stop the bruises from becoming so big but that doesn't work for me. I'm anemic in spite of taking iron pills daily, I give up and have been this way my entire life. I hope you find a solution that works for you
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My mom bruises easily, but she’s elderly with thin skin.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Take iron supplements.
Locked Previous topicNext topic