Does anyone take probiotics?

Deleted User 670

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:58 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:48 am I do when I need to, but not normally. If you need help with digestion, you might want to try a digestive enzyme too if the probiotics aren't helping. What kind of symptoms are you having?
None right now, but I had my gallbladder out 9 days ago and I have heard people have issues with digestion after it's gone. I haven't had any issues, but I thought for maybe in the future or as a preventative. Currently I just take a woman's multi-vitamin.
The reason people have issues with digestion after the gall bladder is gone is that the liver now just shoots the bile into the intestines without being moderated by the gall bladder. It's kinda drinking from the garden hose full force vs slow trickle. I see that probiotics are recommended on some sites talking about post gallbladder surgery problems. But I don't understand exactly how probiotics are supposed to help. Lucky you that you aren't experiencing any issues. A lot of people do.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It’s been almost 17 years since I had my gallbladder out. Most of the time I eat, I have to run to the bathroom. Doesn’t even have to be anything greasy. I think I may finally talk to my dr about it and see if there is anything to help. I get horrible cramping and like someone is twisting my insides after I eat, then need the toilet. Doesn’t make for a fun day. Lol
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:48 am I do when I need to, but not normally. If you need help with digestion, you might want to try a digestive enzyme too if the probiotics aren't helping. What kind of symptoms are you having?
None right now, but I had my gallbladder out 9 days ago and I have heard people have issues with digestion after it's gone. I haven't had any issues, but I thought for maybe in the future or as a preventative. Currently I just take a woman's multi-vitamin.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:24 pm It’s been almost 17 years since I had my gallbladder out. Most of the time I eat, I have to run to the bathroom. Doesn’t even have to be anything greasy. I think I may finally talk to my dr about it and see if there is anything to help. I get horrible cramping and like someone is twisting my insides after I eat, then need the toilet. Doesn’t make for a fun day. Lol

Admittedly I have not tried anything greasy yet. Still not brave enough lol. As soon as I am complety healed and have a couple days off work just in case I want to go to Texas Roadhouse and get a nice juicy steak.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes I have IBS and borderline Crohns so I take Accuflora with my other meds and first meal of the day and I do think it is helping. My GI DR swears by them
Anonymous 4

Unread post

me and dh take earth's pearl..it's a pre and probiotic. it's great! we get it on amazon and it has great reviews.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You won't have an issue with digestion but you may have to go to the bathroom more especially after greasy foods. I didn't have this issue but many people do.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:46 pm
You won't have an issue with digestion but you may have to go to the bathroom more especially after greasy foods. I didn't have this issue but many people do.

I just figured if I'm digesting better I won't have bathroom issues. So far so good for the most part. I've been eating Fiber One bars daily to help my fiber intake. I did have a little bit of an issue when I had a little milk 2 days in a row. But I'm not completely sure it's related, as I had those same issues once in a while before with milk. Not all the time when I'd drink milk but sometimes. And dairy gives me terrible heartburn now.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:08 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:46 pm

I just figured if I'm digesting better I won't have bathroom issues. So far so good for the most part. I've been eating Fiber One bars daily to help my fiber intake. I did have a little bit of an issue when I had a little milk 2 days in a row. But I'm not completely sure it's related, as I had those same issues once in a while before with milk. Not all the time when I'd drink milk but sometimes. And dairy gives me terrible heartburn now.
Well good luck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic