They make it so difficult!

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:41 pm
GUESTS 222 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm How can you afford to go to Six Flags in New Jersey but not be able to afford food? I think your priorities are skewered
IDK about this OP but I recently found out that every major museum in my city gives at least 6 free tickets per day to people who get food stamps, TANF, or WIC. Tickets are normally $15- $60, depending on the museum.

Six per day. Holy wow.
Which it's why amusement parks charge $60 a ticket to those who do pay, because their "generosity" isn't coming from their own pocket.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/

Unread post

GUESTS 222 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm How can you afford to go to Six Flags in New Jersey but not be able to afford food? I think your priorities are skewered
IDK about this OP but I recently found out that every major museum in my city gives at least 6 free tickets per day to people who get food stamps, TANF, or WIC. Tickets are normally $15- $60, depending on the museum.

Six per day. Holy wow.
Source? What city? Which museums?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's ridiculous. When I was getting help DHS was able to see my child support info and see if he had been paying, etc.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm Kids dad quit his job recently and so im out ALOT of money. I went to the foodstamps office to report the change in circumstances and they said nope I need proof he's not working by the courts.

They have everyone's info! They know exactly how much child support you get and when they have an automated system...

So they tell me to go to the courts and get a letter saying I'm no longer receiving child support becauae as long as there is a current order they won't remove it from the budget... But that doesn't make sense because there will always be an order for support it doesnt mean the dad is paying it!

Court told me to go to child support enforcement... Enforcement told me they can only give me a record of payments which the food stamp office says is not enough proof that I'm no longer getting child support they need a letter saying I'm not getting child support but no one will provide me a letter!

This is nuts though... They automatically count child support as your income even if the father isn't working! Than make you jump through hoops to have it removed now I'm omw to Manhattan to see if I can get a letter and if I'm turned away IDK what I can do
Contact the mayors office. They have emails at nyc.gov. i did once and they interviened on my behalf and had my situation fixed within 3 days. It wasnt child support related but it was foodstamps related.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Six per day. Holy wow.
Which it's why amusement parks charge $60 a ticket to those who do pay, because their "generosity" isn't coming from their own pocket.
Source?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Six per day. Holy wow.
Source?
I didn't make the post stating that they gave the tickets away. The source for my comment was logic.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Source?
I didn't make the post stating that they gave the tickets away. The source for my comment was logic.
But surely you have some information about this "generosity" of which you speak. Where is the source of said logic?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Think the OP has mentioned Six Flags in other posts bitching about driving her POS car.

luvthagirl wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:38 pm
Where in the post did it mention Six Flags?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 pm Think the OP has mentioned Six Flags in other posts bitching about driving her POS car.

luvthagirl wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:38 pm
Where in the post did it mention Six Flags?
Oh, okay. I think I remember
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Six Flags is not expensive. We are members and pay $24.10 a month for me and my two kids. It includes the waterpark and free parking. We GPS our way there using the avoid tolls feature we just leave earlier to make up for the extra time. I also pack lunch and snacks for them to eat in the car.

Just because we're poor doesn't mean we have to just sit at home they deserve some fun on their summer vacation. I just need my car to stop breaking down.
Locked Previous topicNext topic