Anyone else have a smart animal?

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So last night when DH went to pick me up from work he brought our dog Luna with him. Luna sits in the seat like a person would so when she went to get in the back there was a napkin left by one of the kids on the seat.

She seriously picked the napkin up with her mouth, flung it to the side, and sat down all proper. Like "Oh, there's a napkin here. Let me get that!"

She's so smart lol.

I have 2 male dogs as well and they are dumber than a box of rocks. One of them actually hid his bone right out in the open, turned around, kicked *dirt* (aka air) over it, then walked away all proud as if he had just found the most perfect hiding spot for his bone lol.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

my dog's a dumb ass but we adore him. He does have the uncanny ability to hear a crumb hit the floor, come running from whatever room he's in, try to skid around the corner and miss and then shake himself off and act like it never happened.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 am my dog's a dumb ass but we adore him. He does have the uncanny ability to hear a crumb hit the floor, come running from whatever room he's in, try to skid around the corner and miss and then shake himself off and act like it never happened.
LOL ours is like this too! We call her the smartest dumb dog! She is so clever when it comes to tricks and responding to commands etc. But when food is involved, especially the very prized dropped food, she totally loses her brain!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a poodle..he’s very smart.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 am my dog's a dumb ass but we adore him. He does have the uncanny ability to hear a crumb hit the floor, come running from whatever room he's in, try to skid around the corner and miss and then shake himself off and act like it never happened.

My beagle did that the other day. I dropped a pizza crust in his bowl. He seriously looked around the living room for it after hearing it drop into his bowl which is in the dining room lol.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine is selectively smart. She's smart about things that benefit her. She knows all the words for things she likes, which car is red and which is blue (important for when she gets to ride in the car), etc. She knows the other words too, like "no," but sometimes she pretends she doesn't remember them or doesn't hear them.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My dog is pretty smart, which in my experience, can be a bit more difficult to care for. They get a little more bored and mischievous. I think it's amazing how well dogs can tell time with just an internal clock. So he know when to wake me up. He knows when the child should get on the bus. He knows when the child should get off the bus. (like all 3 kids with different schedules)He knows mealtimes and friends visit time. He knows bedtime. It only takes about week after a time change too, and he just resets. Idk why, but I think that is amazing to be so accurate.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depends on the moment. Titan can be so smart one moment then the next moment he is not the brightest light on the porch, actually the light burnt out. There are times when I think we got a broken dog and I wonder if the warranty is still valid. But no mater what we love the guy to death. My dogs biggest goal is life I think is to fit three or four tennis balls in his mouth at the same time.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

No. Mine falls down while standing up and barks at leaves.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No, our dog is a dumbass and at times an asshole
Locked Previous topicNext topic