Anyone else have a smart animal?

MellyJelly

My dogs are smart but in all the wrong ways. They are incredibly clever at escaping from our yard but can’t fetch.
Deleted User 670

Our cat Bounder was an indoor/outdoor cat. He would always be in the yard in the afternoon when I went to go bring the kid home from school. They had this little ritual since she was little. When she would come home from school she would go flying out of the car screaming BOUNDER at the top of her lungs and he would take off with his tail in the air like a question mark, clearly enjoying the game. After they'd had a good run, he'd let her catch him and she'd flop to the ground and cuddle him. This went on even when she went off to college and came home on the weekends until he died. He had an uncanny sense of time.
Deleted User 670

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:36 am My dog is pretty smart, which in my experience, can be a bit more difficult to care for. They get a little more bored and mischievous. I think it's amazing how well dogs can tell time with just an internal clock. So he know when to wake me up. He knows when the child should get on the bus. He knows when the child should get off the bus. (like all 3 kids with different schedules)He knows mealtimes and friends visit time. He knows bedtime. It only takes about week after a time change too, and he just resets. Idk why, but I think that is amazing to be so accurate.
They are truly amazing creatures. Mine always knew when it was the weekend too. Used to crack me up. The suitcase comes out, she knew I was leaving and would stop speaking to me. Put a baseball cap on and she knew we were going walking in the woods.
Learned how to spell because we'd spell things that would get her all whipped up so she figured that out. My Sheltie was learning colors before he passed. I used to always say my dogs were smarter than half the people I rode the train with. LOL. They are amazing. Now I'm gonna cry the rest of the day. :(
Awww, I am sorry, but they are so sweet. They know their pack.

I know my furry guy, learned how what “W-A-L-K” spelled as well. He also knows how to roll down the car window so he can stick his head out the window. But he is perplexed now, because I locked that feature. I read a “shamed” dog meme, where the dog jumped into the car next to him stopped at a traffic light because the other driver had KFC. I now have this fear my little guy would do something like this, lol!!
My Willow learned "W-A-L-K" so we had to spell it backward, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic