I don't know how I feel about this.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 pm Some of these replies are just awful. I can see not being thrilled but being "pissed" and "I'd make my kid repaint the wall" is really just a lousy thing to do when they are trying to do something nice.

OP, I'm glad to see you are taking this in stride. My son is 13 and over the course of the year since he's turned 13, he has changed so much and is turning to his dad so much that basically I'm being cut out and we were very close until this year. I know it's the teen years, he's going through puberty, his friends matter a lot and all that but this is painful and it will only get worse. I hope one day I'll get something thoughtful like this, even if it's something we might have to rework together.
Okay I completely misread this at first.. thought you said you cut the dad out lol re-editing..Thirteen is a rough age i think. I'd say be there for him and be willing to listen. Hopefully his dad is a good man. But over time this could change and you two will be close again. Give it time and good luck.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm That's hideous

ETA: He's 16 and that is what it looks like? I somehow read it as he was six... Is there something wrong with him?
What's wrong with you or yours?
semen demon, poon polyp, snot goblin , crotch fruit, carpet sniffer, hell spawn, f**k trophy,
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:32 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm That's hideous

ETA: He's 16 and that is what it looks like? I somehow read it as he was six... Is there something wrong with him?
What's wrong with you or yours?
semen demon, poon polyp, snot goblin , crotch fruit, carpet sniffer, hell spawn, f**k trophy,
Please.. Its not worth it.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I get that having I love you spray painted on your wall isn't really most people's idea of bedroom decor but that is so bloody sweet. If it were me I'd cut out the drywall, frame the words and then repair the drywall and repaint the wall a contrast colour and put the frame up as art.

Your 16 year old decided to decorate your room instead of the miriade of worse things he could be doing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 pm Some of these replies are just awful. I can see not being thrilled but being "pissed" and "I'd make my kid repaint the wall" is really just a lousy thing to do when they are trying to do something nice.

OP, I'm glad to see you are taking this in stride. My son is 13 and over the course of the year since he's turned 13, he has changed so much and is turning to his dad so much that basically I'm being cut out and we were very close until this year. I know it's the teen years, he's going through puberty, his friends matter a lot and all that but this is painful and it will only get worse. I hope one day I'll get something thoughtful like this, even if it's something we might have to rework together.
Okay I completely misread this at first.. thought you said you cut the dad out lol re-editing..Thirteen is a rough age i think. I'd say be there for him and be willing to listen. Hopefully his dad is a good man. But over time this could change and you two will be close again. Give it time and good luck.
Thank you. It is a rough age with a lot of changes so I'm trying to not take it too personally. His dad is excited that he has a kind of "buddy" for lack of a better word, and yet he is his dad and can pass on what he knows and that's nice to see. I just miss the kid he was. He's growing up so fast.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:04 pm I'd be pissed. I don't think it's cute or sweet.
I'm with you. 6 yrs old...cute but 16, nope! How do you not know at that age to not destroy someone else property? I would make him repaint it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol, omg! That is something...sort of the sweetest gesture ever yet a horror of destruction at the same time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic